• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

nginx 502 bad gateway when accessing panel; sw-engine crashing

suzerain

New Pleskian
This is a Plesk 11.5.30 system running on CentOS 6.5.

I have turned nginx off in the "Server" portion of the panel, because frankly it seems like nginx support in Plesk is broken. This seems to fix all of my domains, but I still get nginx 502 bad gateway errors when accessing the Plesk panel itself. If I follow the instructions in this knowledgebase article, the panel will be running again, but wat 6-8 hours, or a day, and it'll be back to "Bad Gateway" again.

The only step in this that seems to matter is restarting " /etc/init.d/sw-engine". When doing this, the shutdown of "sw-engine" fails, but the restart succeeds. S something is happening on the server after a while that crashes "sw-engine", and after that, nginx returns this error.

I am happy to find a solution for this, but I am just as happy to turn nginx off completely, even for the panel. The question is: how do I get the panel to stop using nginx? Or is this a problem with "sw-engine" itself?

(BTW, this is a brand new system from the hosting company. The only change made was to upgrade PHP to 5.4.)

Is it Plesk installed on VPS? In this case lack of resources may be a reason.
Also you can try to fix it with bootstrapper repair procedure.

Back