• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

nginx + php-fpm not show my wordpress website

@tomer628,

You can try that, if you want to.

In my humble opinion, it certainly has nothing to do with the OS and this step should therefore not be necessary.

But if it gives you some kind of confidence in a fast solution: by all means, try it.

Regards....

i installed the Ubunto 14.04 + plesk 12.5
now i can enable the php7, but when i test my website is show
Welcome to Parallels!

what i need to make it work ?

I uploaded my files, but still not show the website, just the page welcome to parallels
by the way, i attached picture of my Apache Settings

Attachments

• Apache Web Server Settings   Plesk 12.5.30.png
    Apache Web Server Settings Plesk 12.5.30.png
    178.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
@tomer628

In essence, the Apache settings are not yet relevant.

First have a look at the files in the httpdocs directory: is the application copied to that directory? is the default index.html page still present? (remove it)

Regards....

Hello @tomer628.

I'd like to help you fix your initial server.

First of all for any case it's better don't modify any configs or system files yourself directly (not from Plesk). It can lead to conflicts and crashes on your server when you'll try to make some operations from Plesk.

Let's start from the begging: https://talk.plesk.com/threads/nginx-php-fpm-not-show-my-wordpress-website.336993/#post-796644
It's a normal behavior that PHP-FPM won't start if there are no sites (pools) using it. In Plesk you should just select "PHP-FPM on Apache" for some site and service will be started automatically.

Could you please provide more details about your server to find out the root cause of the issue:
1. Output of "plesk version" in console
2. Screenshot of Tools&Settings > Php Settings and output of "plesk bin php_handler --list" in console
3. Screenshot of PHP version selector for your domain on that state of PHP settings.

@tomer628

In essence, the Apache settings are not yet relevant.

First have a look at the files in the httpdocs directory: is the application copied to that directory? is the default index.html page still present? (remove it)

Regards....
Yes..
It works, I removed that index. Html
Thanks, you awesome...:)
Now I have another problem
If i want to open link in my website I have to click twice (from desktop and mobile) just after twice he opened..
This wordpress platform..
How can I fix that?
By the way : on VestaCP this worked good
Here not, I don't know why..

@tomer628

Ehm, any issue with a link in a WordPress (henceforth: WP) instance often is related to permalinks setup OR the scripts, php code (and so on) in the WP theme OR bad plugins.

In general, the "link issue" is not a Plesk related issue.

In case of a "permalinks" related problem, it often suffices to just go to the WP instance and set the permalinks again (no need to change anything, just press save).

If that does not work, it is worthwhile to have a look at bad plugins first. For instance, do you have a caching plugin? If true, refresh cache (purge cache completely) first.

Furthermore, some of the plugins are nasty, in the sense that they generate "ugly links". Do you have something like WordPress SEO (formerly: Yoast SEO)? Have a look at the settings.

Note that this is a Plesk forum, not a WP forum.

It is no problem to help you, but if you have some issues with WP, just start a personal conversation, so we can talk you through the problem solving process.

Regards....

After I played with php-fpm by apache
And Nginx, I didn't do save to perms links.
Now I did and after that i clear the Cache of Chrome , it worked like a chram..

Man, I have to say : you saved me twice
You my angel.:D
Thank you so much for your help at all my problems.

May i ask my RAM show almost full (i attach picture) ..
1. is that ok, is normal ?
2. SWAP is inactive , is should be active ?

Attachments

• Plesk 12.5.30.png
    Plesk 12.5.30.png
    156.1 KB · Views: 6
@tomer628

The report of memory usage is not a problem, it is quite normal: some part of memory used is in cache.

Note that the command line tool "free" gives similar, but more "easy to understand" output. Just run "free -m" from the command line and you will see.

The fact that your swap is inactive is not something to worry about.

However, swap can be used to offload temporary memory overusage, since swap is essentially a disk based memory file.

You can create a swap file by running the following commands (in chronological order):

1) fallocate -l 4G /swapfile

Important: you are running a VPS, if I am not mistaken. It can be the case that some swap is already present, but not identified by Plesk. Run commands "swapon -s" and "free -m" to verify that swap is indeed absent. If the swap is present, do not create a new swap.

Note: this will create a 4G swapfile with the name swapfile, in the root directory.

Note: you first want to check where the most disk space is available. If I am not mistaken, this is on the /dev/vda1 device, that should be mounted on /

2) chmod 600 /swapfile

3) mkswap /swapfile

4) swapon /swapfile

Note: you can check the activation of the swapfile by running the command "swapon -s" or "free -m"

Note: the swap created is not yet persistent across reboots, so follow step 5.

5) edit the /etc/fstab file and add the line:

/swapfile none swap sw 0 0

preferably at the bottom of the /etc/fstab file.

6) Tweak swap settings: edit /etc/sysctl.conf to contain

- vm.swappiness = 10 (or a similar low value: a lower value implies that less data is put in swap, which is often a good thing when having a VPS).
- vm.vfs_cache_pressure = 70 (a lower value implies that , in essence, "access data" is cached more. This setting is optional.)

and add them to the bottom of the /etc/sysctl.conf file.

Note: swap settings can be tweaked with a trail-and-error approach. The default settings are often good enough, but tweaking some settings can be valuable, with the disadvantage that one has to check performance in order to establish whether the tweaked settings are good enough. It can even be the case that the tweaking works counterproductive.

Hope the above helps!

Regards

You are amazing Sr...
I checked on ssh and I got this result :
Code:
# free -m
             total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
Mem:          3857       3459        397        160         99       2382
-/+ buffers/cache:        977       2879
Swap:            0          0          0
So for now I think I will leave it (if I'm not have to set Swap....

Anyway I very apicate your help you have a great soul
b.t.w: i know this not relevant to this post, But - how can i do my website responsive wordpress theme?
on fast way?

@tomer628

I have started a personal conversation, in order to answer your Wordpress related questions. Have a look at the inbox.

This way, the topic thread can stay on-topic (without any WP related questions)

Regards...

Back