• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue nginx proxy fails on wordpress wp-login.php

Johannes Kingma

Basic Pleskian
A newly moved WordPress site is not working. The wp-login.php cannot be found but is in the httpdocs folder. the database siter_url and home where changed. My guess is nginx proxy is messeng with the redirect. How do I temporarily disable nginx caching?

You can disable Nginx caching in
- The Wordpress Toolkit page of the site
- Apache & Nginx settings icon on the "Websites & Domains" tab.

But I doubt that Nginx caching is causing the issue. Have you looked into the error logs of the site to see more details why wp-login.php is not found? Do you have any special .htaccess settings (rewrites), e.g. could there still be a reference to your former domain in your .htaccess file?

Thanks Peter, It seems not related with WordPress. A simple info.php file (containg a call to phpinfo.php) is also not found.
The complete preview url is :

Is this a correct preview link?

the access.log contains
2020-11-03 08:14:31Access127.0.0.1301GET / HTTP/1.0

the htaccess contains only wp stuff:
# BEGIN WordPress
# Die Anweisungen (Zeilen) zwischen `BEGIN WordPress` und `END WordPress` sind
# dynamisch generiert und sollten nur über WordPress-Filter geändert werden.
# Alle Änderungen an den Anweisungen zwischen diesen Markierungen werden überschrieben.
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

# END WordPress

My preview links here look something like this:
https://<domain name>.host-ip-address-with-dashes.<hostname>/
for example

You can check these additional things:
- Is the document root directory set to the directory where your Wordpress files reside (see "Hosting Settings" link on "Websites & Domains")?
- Is PHP set to "PHP-FPM via Apache" (not Nginx) to ensure that .htaccess files are correctly read?
- Is Proxying enabled in "Additional Apache & Nginx settings"? If not, check "Smart static files processing" and "Proxy mode".
- You might have an excess .htaccess file in your subscription directory. If there is one, rename it to something else, just not .htaccess, because else its settings will apply to all directories descending from your subscription home directory and will disturb all websites.

Back