• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Nightly Notification Emails (Domain Limits Exceeded)

T

thedust2010

We upgraded from Plesk 8.6 to 9.2 a few weeks ago. At first notifications were working fine but I can no longer receive any information on what domains have exceeded their limits. I used to get an email every night and now I get none. I know it's not an issue with the email being marked as spam because I've tried sending out domain creation notifications and it's worked fine. I've tried to get these nightly notifications sent to my work email and my gmail account. It ends up in neither.

If there's no fix for that, can someone tell me some way for me to generate this report manually? Right now I have to look at each individual domain one by one and with 150 domains you can see how time intensive this can be...

For receiving notifications about exceeded limits it is recommended to configure Notifications subscription.
Login to Parallels Plesk Panel as admin and change to Home -> Notifications. On the page mark enabled checkbox Administrator (or Reseller, Client, etc) near Resource usage limits exceeded by reseller account, Resource usage limits exceeded by client account, Resource usage limits exceeded by domain and click OK to finish configuration.

For details please see section Configuring E-mail Notification System in Parallels Plesk Panel 9.2 Administrator's Guide.

For receiving notifications about exceeded limits it is recommended to configure Notifications subscription.
Login to Parallels Plesk Panel as admin and change to Home -> Notifications. On the page mark enabled checkbox Administrator (or Reseller, Client, etc) near Resource usage limits exceeded by reseller account, Resource usage limits exceeded by client account, Resource usage limits exceeded by domain and click OK to finish configuration.

I should have explained that I've done this and it just doesn't seem to work anymore. I have all clients' limits set to "unlimited" by default and then I issue limits on a domain-by-domain basis. I've got "Resource usage limits exceeded by domain" set to send to administrator, client and my own personal email address (gmail). Nothing is getting sent. Any other recommendations? I am upgraded to the latest version of Plesk.

Below is a screen cap of my Notifications settings in Plesk.

plesk_notifications_problem.jpg

Based on this I should get a nightly email, right? It's not happening. Clients aren't getting notified either. For me this is a crucial feature of Plesk. It's too bad that it doesn't work and I seem to not be the only one having this problem. I suppose I could pay Plesk support to fix it but this is something we should already have paid for when we bought the product.

What is really annoying about this is that in Plesk 8 at least I would have a quick indicator in the Domains list to tell me which domains were over their limits. The only way I can figure it out now is to click into each domain one by one. Who has that amount of time?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I'd like to know if there is any characters limits on the notification.

I have customised the "Client Account Creation" with more than 850 words (5,500 characters with space).
I managed to add in this notification.

However, when my client received it, they didn't received my customised version.
Instead, they received the default template by Parallels.

Kindly advice.

TQ.

(Note: I'm using Plesk Windows 8.6 and Plesk Linux 8.6)

Back