• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue No Apache and Nginx Settings in backups??

BobbyStep

New Pleskian
Hi

I'm working on an automation process to deploy a new server with the same configuration than my production server, which uses Plesk 12.5.

I backup my production system configuration everyday (server level, configuration only), and wish to use those backups to restore Plesk on my new server. Everything goes approximately smooth, and the domains are re-created on my new server, as well as the FTP accounts, the DBs and the scheduled tasks.

Only, it does NOT set the Apache and Nginx settings again on the new server. Actually, when I check the backup files up, those settings are nowhere to be found, which is very mysterious, as it's a cornerstone for websites' URL handling.

Question: how can I *actually* backup and restore Apache and Nginx settings for my domains ?

Your suggestion is noted, thank you. Though, in my situation, cloning my VPS wouldn't be the best scenario, if an option at all.

Why wouldn't you use Plesk's backup/restore procedure? The name, at least, sounds quite right. I'm very puzzled the configuration I mentionned are not included in: how could that even be?

Back