• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

No backup option available?

T

TroyK

Hello.... this is my first post here so be gentle. ;-)

I've installed Plesk Panel 9.5.2 on a dedicated CentOS 5 server using the default settings. Now that I've got all of our websites up and running with everything configured correctly, I decided it was time to create a backup of the entire server. Following the Administrator's Guide, I should have a "Backup" option under the "Server" group as stated in the snippet below-

Backing Up the Entire Server

To back up the server configuration settings and all user data you have on your hosting machine:

1. On your Home page, click Backup Manager (in the Server group).

Unfortunately, I dont have this option. The only option closey resembling this would be the "Back Up System with Acronis True Image", but it is greyed out. I'm guessing I'd have to pay for it, so I'd rather not use it.

So my question is - how do I get the Backup Manager installed?

Thanks for any answers in advance.

Sounds like the Backup Manager wasn't actually installed when Plesk was installed. I would go into the Updates section and check if there is an option to install the Backup Manager.

Chad,

Thanks for the info... you were correct in the fact that it was never installed. I didnt know where you went to add features that wernt installed, so your post was a godsend.

I've now got the option after adding it from the Updates section.

Again, I appreciate your help.

Back