1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

No backup option available?

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by TroyK, Aug 11, 2010.

1. TroyK

TroyK Guest

Hello.... this is my first post here so be gentle. ;-)

I've installed Plesk Panel 9.5.2 on a dedicated CentOS 5 server using the default settings. Now that I've got all of our websites up and running with everything configured correctly, I decided it was time to create a backup of the entire server. Following the Administrator's Guide, I should have a "Backup" option under the "Server" group as stated in the snippet below-

Unfortunately, I dont have this option. The only option closey resembling this would be the "Back Up System with Acronis True Image", but it is greyed out. I'm guessing I'd have to pay for it, so I'd rather not use it.

So my question is - how do I get the Backup Manager installed?

Thanks for any answers in advance.

2. Chad Smith

Chad Smith New Pleskian

85%
    Sounds like the Backup Manager wasn't actually installed when Plesk was installed. I would go into the Updates section and check if there is an option to install the Backup Manager.

3. TroyK

TroyK Guest

Chad,

Thanks for the info... you were correct in the fact that it was never installed. I didnt know where you went to add features that wernt installed, so your post was a godsend.

I've now got the option after adding it from the Updates section.

Again, I appreciate your help.