• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

No Bind, courier-imap, psa-spamassassin-full, or psa-spamassassin-light

T

ttucker

No Bind, courier-imap, psa-spamassassin-full, or psa-spamassassin-light - Blank Email

So I upgraded from 7.5.3 -> 7.5.4

and added the watchdog module

It seemed that everything went just fine...

Untill 4:21 this morning. I was emailed telling me that:

[Tue, 30 Aug 2005 04:52:01 -0700] bind on xxx.xxx.com: Does not exist.
'bind' process is not running

[Tue, 30 Aug 2005 04:52:00 -0700] courier-imap on xxx.xxx.com: Does not exist.
'courier-imap' process is not running

[Tue, 30 Aug 2005 04:52:02 -0700] psa-spamassassin-light on xxx.xxx.com: Does not exist.
'psa-spamassassin-light' process is not running

[Tue, 30 Aug 2005 04:52:01 -0700] psa-spamassassin-full on xxx.xxx.com: Does not exist.
'psa-spamassassin-full' process is not running

Now my mail is down. I can connect but get nothing but emply emails. I have rebooted the server several times but no dice.

I am sorry but I am an extreem novice here. ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks agian in advance,

Ted Tucker

Is your server running any backups around that time?

There are at least a couple of other threads dealing with Watchdog problems. In one, Plesk had informed an admin that they are aware.

Another today (?) posted that during the backups, Watchdog kept restarting the services which were stopped by the backup script/cronjob.

Probably best to uninstall the Watchdog module until they get things right.

I did uninstall the watchdog module and email now works, but they all come through blank.

any ideas?

Thanks for the help thus far.

oh and yes it does run a backup about an hour before that.

It looks as if spamassassin is to blame here. Once I disabled it on each email account, the blank emails were no longer blank.

Now I just have to figure out how to fix spamassassin...

Some of the other threads indicate that the Spamassassin entries in the .qmail files may be messed up. Recommend using '/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk -v' to possibly fix them.

Of course the other option would be to uninstall (rpm -e psa-spamassassin and rpm -e spamassassin) the packages and reinstall them to try and fix the problem.

That did it. I removed spamassassin and reinstalled it using the updater.

Thanks for all the help everybody!

Back