• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved no licence after starting docker

IrishWolf

New Pleskian
Hello,

first of all, I apologize for my broken english, I will do my best to express myself.
The second problem is, that I'm not an advanced server-admin or anything so i can only google an try (but found nothing helpful so far).

Server:
VPS Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS 64bit
10 CPU vCores
48 Gb RAM
800 GB SSD
with Plesk Obsidian 18.0.31 (Key Typ "Plesk 12 VPS Web Admin" + addional key for "Docker Remote Node Management")
everything is updatet so far within Plesk and console (apt-get update && apt-get upgrade)

The server is new except Plesk.
I tryed to install the OnlyOffice Workspace via Docker:
Guide I followed: Installing all ONLYOFFICE Workspace components integrated - ONLYOFFICE

The first 3 parts are going fine and how they should.
After installing the last component (Community Server) Plesk threw me out with the following error:
Fehler: Der Lizenzschlüssel ist ungültig. Um Plesk verwenden zu können, müssen Sie einen neuen, gültigen Lizenzschlüssel anfordern und installieren. Der Lizenzschlüssel ist nur zur Verwendung für Plesk innerhalb der folgenden virtuellen Umgebungen gedacht: Container von Virtuozzo, VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, Xen, KVM, Virtuozzo-Server, LXC, Docker.
Translation:
Error: The license key is invalid. In order to use Plesk, you must request and install a new, valid license key. The license key is only intended for use for Plesk within the following virtual environments: Containers from Virtuozzo, VMware, Microsoft Hyper-V, Xen, KVM, Virtuozzo-Server, LXC, Docker.

Rollback for the Key doesn't help (or change anything).
Recall for the Keys leads to the following error:
1604520146967.png

After this I couldn't login to Plesk (Repair Kit is unavailable) and my only way to go is to stop the docker (service docker stop). After that everything works fine again.
This process is continuously repeatable.

I don't know what the problem is and how do I get it going.
The Server-Support (Strato) can't help and send me off to the Plesk-Support.

I hope someone can help me with this o_O

I can confirm the issue on Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS with Plesk Obsidian 18.0.35 Update #2. Also tried it a few times over the last six months, thus with different Plesk and Onlyoffice docker image versions.
Since the server is also hosted at Strato (as @IrishWolf also mentioned) I guess it might be related to their virtualization environment (Virtuozzo afaik) or a bug in the Collabora docker image, since other images are working just fine.

Is there someone who can help? What about the Plesk devs?
Thanks!

I can confirm the issue on Ubuntu 18.04.5 LTS with Plesk Obsidian 18.0.35 Update #2. Also tried it a few times over the last six months, thus with different Plesk and Onlyoffice docker image versions.
Since the server is also hosted at Strato (as @IrishWolf also mentioned) I guess it might be related to their virtualization environment (Virtuozzo afaik) or a bug in the Collabora docker image, since other images are working just fine.

Is there someone who can help? What about the Plesk devs?
Thanks!
Hello after over half a year dealing with this problem I've got the issue solved: Don't use Strato!

It's btw not a problem with Virtuozzo but with hidden limiters. Strato limit your active processes and if you ran over this limit the above described happens.
This isn't advertised or mentioned anywhere but that's how Strato works. Even their customer-Support couldn't find the problem for over 6 months (Plesk Help-Support pointed it out after a few tickets).

So it isn't anything Plesk-related.

P.S: I'm now with hetzner - no problems and everything runs like a charm

Hello after over half a year dealing with this problem I've got the issue solved: Don't use Strato!

It's btw not a problem with Virtuozzo but with hidden limiters. Strato limit your active processes and if you ran over this limit the above described happens.
This isn't advertised or mentioned anywhere but that's how Strato works. Even their customer-Support couldn't find the problem for over 6 months (Plesk Help-Support pointed it out after a few tickets).

So it isn't anything Plesk-related.

P.S: I'm now with hetzner - no problems and everything runs like a charm
Thanks for update...good to know! Somehow they need to push the prices^^

to be fair, things have changed since - their virtual servers are KVM based since summer '23 and don't have these uncommunicated limitations anymore.

Back