• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved no login after manual fix of corrupt installation

TauTau

New Pleskian
Hi,

I somehow had a corrupted half-update from version 12 to the current 17.5.3. I manged to fix it so far with apt-get -f, did a "plesk repair all". I still have an error with DNS:

The NS configuration file '/var/named/run-root/etc/named.conf' is
absent ............................................................ [ERROR]

Restore the DNS configuration file from '/var/named/run-root/etc/named.conf.default'? [Y/n] Y
Restoring the DNS configuration file
'/var/named/run-root/etc/named.conf' ............................ [2017-07-19 21:35:29] ERR [util_exec] proc_close() failed ['/opt/psa/admin/bin/filemng' 'root' 'cp' '-r' '/var/named/run-root/etc/named.conf.default' '/var/named/run-root/etc/named.conf' '--allow-root'] with exit code [1]
[FAILED]
- filemng failed: filemng: Error occurred during /bin/cp command.

probably because I have no /var/named/ directory to begin with... Also I can't login currently:

Internal error:
Unable to calculate firewall rule priority with direction '2' for configuration '2'
Message Unable to calculate firewall rule priority with direction '2' for configuration '2'
File FwConfigurator.php
Line 304
Type PleskFatalException

Any ideas what to fix? This is on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

ok, all is good... the fix with apt-get -f wan't enough, after I ran a plesk install from commandline, it installed a lot of missing stuff, and works again ;)

Back