• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

No mail delivery to more than one mailing list (Plesk 9.2.2 + Postfix + Mailman)

AndreasM

New Pleskian
UPDATE: No mail delivery to more than one mailing list (Plesk-9.5.2+Postfix+Mailman)

System:
Ubuntu 8.04.4 LTS
Linux mydomain 2.6.24-28-server #1 SMP Fri Jun 18 14:47:02 UTC 2010 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Plesk Panel from 9.2.2 - current version 9.5.2 + MTA Postfix 2.5.1-2ubuntu1.2 + mailman 2.1.9-9ubuntu1

Problem:
When sending an email to several (more than one) mailman mailing lists recipients in the same email (nevertheless if "to:", "cc:" or "bcc:" is used), only one mailinglist will be served (it seems to be the first one in an alphabetically order of the email/mailinglist name).

There is no problem with email in general (several Domains and users use it) and sending an email to several "usual" email addresses in the same email.

Mailman configuration is the default one, especially "max_num_recipients" is set to "10" (default). Option "Avoid duplicate emails" is deactivated for alle members of the mailinglist. Also tried to out setting mailman MTA to Sendmail.

Dr. Web is not used, Spam Assassin is activated (deactivating also doesn't helps).

I looked e.g. into following files (and tried out a lot of things) but could not detect a hint where the problem resides:
- /etc/postfix/main.cf
- /etc/mailman/mm_cfg.py
- /usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Defaults.py
- /var/log/mail.*
- /opt/psa/var/log/maillog
- /var/log/mailman/post
- /var/log/mailman/smtp

Any help welcome, I can show you logfiles or test some more things out - whatever you suggest! Problem still remains with the newer Plesk versions 9.5.2.

Last edited:
AndreasM, thanks for posting this!

I encountered exactly the same problem and reported it to Plesk support, hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Problem still exists with recent PSA version 9.5.2.

This problem still remains since a year, so please fix it soon.

Please update version information in thread header for me, I have no right to do this. Thanks.

Problem now listed in KB 9044 but still no Ubuntu solution

The mentioned problem is now officially listed under http://kb.odin.com/en/9044 , but until today there are only Hotfixes for Centos and RHEL and no one for Ubuntu.

Please submit a Hotfix for Ubuntu 8.04+ and/or solve this problem in coming Plesk Panel Updates.

Could anyone please ask the Plesk developers for this? When trying to make a request through the officially way to Parallels, it will be not accepted because my hosting provider (Strato) provides the Plesk licences and was mentioned as Parallels contact. I will also point them to this thread.

Back