• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

NO PROTEST BY LICENSEES We like 7.5.3-fullversion

P

ProfiTiger

NO PROTEST BY LICENSEES We like 7.5.3-fullversion

Hi Folks,
first of all, I please you to excuse my bad english.

Yesterday I found the thread http://forum.plesk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24025 and read it.
I hate this kind of thread because it shows only one oppinion (Users, who wanted to give positive feedback where pleased to delete their posts).
So here is my answer to this thread. I think there are many people who did update from 7.5.2 to 7.5.3 whitout bigger problems like we did. Yes, there was a simple problem after updating (BIND not restarting), but this prob was fixed very quick.
Peolpe without probs often dont search for help or post in a forum which is intended for troubleshooting, so positive feedback to sw-soft is in minority.
I think, sw-soft has made a good work with the last update. If i think about all the different platforms, versions of OS and so on, i can imagine, that there can occur problems or errors which could not be found on the testing machines of sw-soft.

It would be great, if pleskusers which like plesk (7.5.3), and useres without bigger problems migrating from 7.5.2 to 7.5.3 could post a quick reply here (ACK or FULL-ACK :cool: ) to receive an objective idea of the situation and the quality of the update.
Thanx for reading.
Greetings,
ProfiTiger

FULL-ACK

I've been rather lucky. I've never had any serious problems with Plesk (only 2 small bugs that I can remember).

I do think plesk could keep up to date with software. Plesk finally works with MySQL 4.1 which is wonderful. But still uses proftpd 1.2.1 which has a serious bug in it. And they don't support SA 3 yet.

But compaired to other solutions out there I'd have to agree that Plesk is one of the best. And Plesk 7.5.3 is the best release I've seen sofar.

Agreed, I've had no problems worth noting - an excellent release as per my comments in the "other" thread.

NO-ACK

Sorry but the other thread has merit in that many people (I know of 5 personally) that have had nothing but problems with this update. This is nothing new for Plesk to let releases slip through with these kind of problems.

What brings about threads such as the other one is the complete lack of any ack from Plesk that there are problems. During a call for a key update issue I asked a tech if there were "any" problems to which he replied, "not that I'm aware of"....

Back