• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Backup Manager warning

pinncomp

New Pleskian
We are seeing backup manager warning just like those exhibited in this thread here: Resolved - Backup problem after upgrade to Obsidian 18.0.40

The backup Sept 7, 2023 04:14 PM was created and can be restored, although some minor issues occurred.
Warning: Subscription "domain.com"
Unable to back up files from /sitedata/var/www/vhosts/domain owned by system user. Error: Failed to create archive: backup_user-data_2309071614.tzst 25 Repository error: Unable to pack /sitedata/var/www/vhosts/domain.com /usr/lib/plesk-9.0/sw-tar: /sitedata/backupcache/pmm-ru-ca-includes-jegIBK: Cannot stat: Permission denied /usr/lib/plesk-9.0/sw-tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

Appears to be a log for each hosted domain

However, we are running Plesk Obsidian Web Host Edition 18.0.54 Update #4 on Ubuntu 20.04 (Azure image plan)
Our vhosts were redirected from day one to a separate disk from root, and permissions appear correct. No other issues we are aware of other than the soft warning.

Appreicaite any insight. Curious if a component or setting didn't take on a previous update which fixed this issue.

I'd guess that the /sitedata path has something to do with it. Have you checked if the DUMP_D and DUMP_TMP_D paths defined in /etc/psa/psa.conf exist and have write permissions (for DUMP_D owner and group must be psaadm, permissions must be at least 0750; for DUMP_TMP_D owner and group should be root with permissions 1777 (your ordinary temp partition))?

Peter, thanks for this. It appears that I had swapped the permissions and ownership as you described between these two settings. Changing them as you described has corrected the issue. I appreciate it very much!

Back