• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved No return or error displayed with phpinfo()

MatthieuBL

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.9
Plesk version and microupdate number
Hi,
I did a website migration from an old Magento 1.8 (used as POS and ERP and online selling).
The old server was :
CPU Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz (32 core(s))
Version Plesk Onyx v17.8.11_build1708180301.19 os_CentOS 6
OS CentOS 6.10 (Final)
New server is :
CPU Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1230 v6 @ 3.50GHz (8 core(s))
Version Plesk Obsidian v18.0.58_build1800240123.15 os_RedHat el8
Operating System AlmaLinux 8.9 (Midnight Oncilla)
Migration went quite allright, telling that php5.6 handler was different and there was apche module difference but nothing unexpected.

When trying to access the Magento on the new server i had 500 error and no more log info.

I tried restarting the server, plesk repair fs domain.ndd and plesk repair web domain.ndd with no luck.

So i tried to create a simple phpinfo() to narrow differences between pas and new server.
phpinfo(); show no display and no error.
Triying something new i made this php file at root level :
<?php
error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors', 1);
echo '<br>A';
if (array_key_exists('info', $_GET)) {
echo '<br>B';
phpinfo();
echo '<br>C';
} else
if (array_key_exists('gcu', $_GET)) {
echo '<br>D<br>get_current_user:' . get_current_user();
} else
if (array_key_exists('error', $_GET)) {
echo '<br>E<br>error:';
trigger_error('This is a test error', E_USER_ERROR);
} else {
echo '<br>F<br>IP:' . $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'];
}
echo '<br>G';
?>
When i go to all regular case ie ?gcu=1, ?error=1, no param, everything goes the way it should displaying what should be displayd.
But if you go on /test.php?info=1 you get those header and nothing more :
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Server: nginx
Date: Wen, 31 Jan 2024 09:38:31 GMT
Content-Type: text/html; charset=UTF-8
Content-Length: 0
Connection: keep-alive
X-Powered-By: PHP/5.6.40
X-Powered-By: PleskLin
I would be glad to have help of what i can do to narrow my problem and find a way to "repair" the hosting.
NB: My security mode is in detection mode so i doubt it is involved with the current problem

I cannot see any error with your script. If run as shown here with the info=1 parameter, it delivers the expected output.

Thanks for your reply.
Content-Length: 0
There is no output at all, just header beeing sent, i don't get the linebreak or the A and B when providing the ?info=1 param.
If i do not or provide another param (to get another if else) everything seems working (error display, get_current_user function remote IP in $SERVER global).

I tried my script further, a simple mysqli request to the database and same thing as phpinfo, good header, no error but no display => empty page (source code show nothing except a 1 at the first line).

I put my script on another php5.6 host on the same server and everyhting works as intended (letter beign displayed, working phinfo and mysqli request).

How can i debug further or try to fix this hosting ?

Maybe you are using a wrong PHP handler, e.g. when you disabled "proxy mode" in the Apache & Nginx settings, you need to select the Nginx PHP handler, because Apache is never queried.

It seems kind of better since i uncheck nginx proxy and then rechecked it.
I had to return choose the php5.6 handler because i don't have the nginx phpfpm version of it so it was defaulted to php8.3...
My script is now fully functional, i now need to make the Magento running !
Thanks a lot for your help.

Back