• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question No security solution for Plesk on Almalinux 8.5

Jacek

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Almalinux 8.5
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.44 Update #3
Hello, can somebody can help me with finding server security solution for Plesk with Almalinux wchich is reliable? Mod_security is available only with standard rule sets, wchich I believe aren't updated frequently, and by checking my log - I see it's blocking legit traffic as well.

Immunify360 have many issues, and their support wants root access to my server, wchich I don't want to provide.
Atmoic ruleset for mod_security has "critical issues" plesk staff says, and can't be used a the moment

At this point can somebody explain why Cloudlinux (Immunify360) can reply plesk support tickets, but they can't use their SSH login option? I'm not in the position to provide root access to my server to any 3rd party company, for obvious reasons.

So for now I'm using php script security soluton + cloudflare firewall, but if that's enough? I'm observing some heavy server load during nights, wchich is probably caused by spam traffic.

Back