• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Issue no /var/log/maillog.processed file

BOSGOLD

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.62 #2
/var/log/maillog is now 10 GB large
a /var/log/maillog.processed file is not created
There are however no maillog log parsing errors in the syslog
Aug 26 16:31:34 server systemd[1]: Started Plesk task: ext-log-browser-parse-maillog (task=53626 process=53626 trace=3105024:66cc91c6a6642).
Aug 26 16:31:43 server systemd[1]: Stopped Plesk task: ext-log-browser-parse-maillog (task=53626 process=53626 trace=3105024:66cc91c6a6642).

Hi,

first of all make sure the cron service is active.

Then check this file: /etc/logrotate.d/rsyslog, it should have the log rotation config for maillog.

Also you should have this file: /etc/cron.daily/logrotate that does the log rotation every day if the cron service is active (again, check that first).

(I work on Debian, I assume the Ubuntu files and folders are the same).

Thanks for your answer. If Plesk Obsedian is installed /var/log/maillog is not "logrotated" at all. Normally, the Plesk Daily Maintenance Task processes it, which should create the /var/log/maillog.processed file and an empty /var/log/maillog file. This does for some reason not work on this server. But on my other Plesk Obsidian servers (Ubuntu 22.04 or 20.04) it works.

/var/log/maillog.processed (if it exists) is rotated by the Plesk own logrotate routine. This Rotation is defined in
/usr/local/psa/etc/logrotate.conf

Back