• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

No Webmail...?

T

TheFOX

I can't get webmail to work...

I have made an email acount with a mailbox but can't find out how to use webmail...

What is the adress.? I tried www.domain.com/webmail and webmail.domain.com...

Is i posible to choose webmail from another developer if I can't get it to work or if I don't like the interface..?

Kind regards
The Plesk Newbie

:confused:

Well anyway...

Well anyway it doesn't work...

What do I do to make it work? Is there some where I can see if the webmail service is runing...

Go to the Control Panel > Email > Click on a email > Go Webmail

Tried that as well

Hi...

Thanks for your answer, but I allready tried that as well... It just respons "Page not found..."
´
But I imagine that I should be able to go directly to the webmail without opening the control panel as well. And here I tried both the webmail.domain.com and www.domain.dk/webmail Urls.

But no matter what I do - no page is shown... So maybe the webmail software is not runing or not instaled correct.??? How can I check that?

I am having the same problem.

I have even tried looking at IIS and adding an html file to see if its an issue with IIS not being able to find the file. I think its something to do with this as its a 404 page not found!

This used to work on my server, no idea why this has stopped!

Anyone else experiencing this?

Today I got a mail from SWsoft telling me to contact my ISP who manage all my DNS settings, and ask them to change the DNS for webmail.domain.dk
acording to this below... So in 24 hours I will know if that was the problem...

< - - - start swsoft wrote - - ->
Probably this issue with mail happens due to DNS zone misconfiguration for your domain. Please send to provider (that hosts your primary zones) an example of DNS zone configuration for one of your domains, like:

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx PTR domain.com.
domain.com. A xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
domain.com. MX (10) mail.domain.com.
domain.com. NS <NS.OF.YOUR.PROVIDER.COM>
domain.com. NS ns1.domain.com.
ftp.domain.com. CNAME domain.com.
mail.domain.com. A xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
mssql.domain.com. A xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
ns1.domain.com. A xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
webmail.domain.com. A xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Where "domain.com" is your domain name, xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is IP of this domain and "NS.OF.YOUR.PROVIDER.COM" is name of nameserver of your provider where is configured primary zone for the domain.com.

< - - - end swsoft wrote - - ->

I just wanted to tell you other guys, if that can help you as well.

Thanks Fox.

However, if webmail.<your domain name> is pointing to your plesk web server and 'mail' is enabled should be showing web services. This was working for me, but now its not. But I will double check my DNS entries.

Mission completed...

I just want to inform that the DNS change, did it...

After I had my Internet Service Provider changing the DNS as mentioned (webmail.domain.com) it all work nice...

So now all mail seems to work as intented.

Thank
Case closed!:D

Back