• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue NodeJs Extension Error of phusion-passenger

Gagandeep

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.60
I have a nodejs Project with simple Hello World , indx.js file.
When I try to enable NodeJs , through the extension. I get the error says
"Error: Execution nginx_modules_ctl has failed with exit code 1, stdout: , stderr: START nginx_modules_ctl --enable phusion-passenger"

I just don't know exactly, what is the issue and error. How could I overcome it.

I assume if nodeJs project is going to working then I can go with nextjs as well.

1714163626141.png

Just to troubleshoot this a bit better, can you check if Nginx is installed on the server? Nginx is not a requirement for NodeJS, btw (just want to understand your server setup a bit better).

This support article explains how to install Nginx. You can use the first couple of steps to see if Nginx is already installed. (If's not, no need to install it, unless you want to off course).

Yes the "Nginx web server and reverse proxy server (1 of 1 selected)" and "Nginx Web Server" and In Services Management "Reverse Proxy Server (nginx)" is on.

Okay, good to know, thank you. What you can try is to login to Plesk and navigate to Domains > example.com > PHP. There change the PHP version (doesn't matter which one). Click the save button. Then switch back the old PHP version and click the save button.

Then connect to the server via SSH and enable NodeJS application for the domain via command line as below:
plesk ext nodejs --enable -domain example.com

No guarantee this will work, but it's worth a try.

I did it. I selected the new PHP version then goes back to the old as exact the step you mentioned.
After that connected the Server with SSH and run the command for my domain. which return the same thing as return by the nodeJs Extension.
which says

1714243172399.png

I edited my Msg and added this Phusion-Passenger Command as well. I checked the status of this
1714243288014.png

One last thing you can try is to stop Nginx in Services Management. And try the steps for my previous post again.

Those are all the suggestions I have. Consider contacting Plesk support for help on this issue if this doesn't work either.

Well It's working now. NodeJs Enabled.
I just turned Off the
"PrivateTmp=true" from "/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/apache2.service". I don't why I can't find this ticket as fast you found out. But It really helpful.
1714246090632.png

Still My Domain show me this.1714246167651.png

Back