• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Non-horde webmail subdomain

S

serial-thrilla

this problem has been reported before with no answer given.

i disabled webmail for a domain and then created a subdomain "webmail".

when i go to "webmail.domain.com" it still goes to the horde webmail and not the subdomain location that i created.

anyone know of "proper" fix?

TIA

updates to problem

so it seems that everything in regards to the configuration files is proper.

the domain-specific conf file contains the proper virtual host and points to the right location.

the problem should be that apache is assigning greater priority of the general webmail.* virtual host over the site specific webmail subdomain.

to be more specific in my cry for help, does anyone know a way to make the site specific webmail virtual host have greater priority over the general webmail.* virtual host?

TIA

looks like there isn't a way to define a webmail subdomain because the site specific would have to come before the general catch all webmail.* since apache takes the first one that matches.

perhaps a possible future feature plesk devs?

thanks to all who attempted

It is possible to do this. However, it involves quiet a few changes to the default setup. It seems as though it'd be more trouble than it's truely worth.

However, if you'd like some assistance in doing this, send me a privmsg via the site or continue this post, and I can help you walk through it.

Back