• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question noob question - change application

cid333

New Pleskian
Hi, plesk newbie here.

I've recently been asked to "redesign" a website (let's say myexample.com ).
The website (done in TYPO3) is hosted on a server running plesk (along with other websites in subdomains running wordpress or just aliases and redirect).

On the same domain that runs TYPO3 (myexample.com) there is configured a mail server and mail users.

I'd like to switch to a wordpress website without downtime or loosing the email functionality, so since i can't change the root web directory of the domain
Document root: /httpdocs - It is impossible to change document root because there are web applications installed on this website.

My idea would be to setup a subdomain as staging.myexample.com install wordpress on it and re design the website.
When done, I would:
  1. remove the TYPO3 application from the main domain ( myexample.com )
  2. install a clean wordpress on it
  3. migrate the staging.myexample.com wordpress to the myexample.com domain

Is this a correct way?
In doing this operation am I going to affect the mail server or the ssl/tls certificates?

thanks alot,
Marco

Although I can't give you any guarantees I don't see why your approach would affect any of the email accounts/mail settings of the domain. It looks like a good approach to me.

Last edited:
I would also add that it will be necessary not to forget to remove Typo3 databases.

Back