• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Question noob question - change application

cid333

New Pleskian
Hi, plesk newbie here.

I've recently been asked to "redesign" a website (let's say myexample.com ).
The website (done in TYPO3) is hosted on a server running plesk (along with other websites in subdomains running wordpress or just aliases and redirect).

On the same domain that runs TYPO3 (myexample.com) there is configured a mail server and mail users.

I'd like to switch to a wordpress website without downtime or loosing the email functionality, so since i can't change the root web directory of the domain
Document root: /httpdocs - It is impossible to change document root because there are web applications installed on this website.

My idea would be to setup a subdomain as staging.myexample.com install wordpress on it and re design the website.
When done, I would:
  1. remove the TYPO3 application from the main domain ( myexample.com )
  2. install a clean wordpress on it
  3. migrate the staging.myexample.com wordpress to the myexample.com domain

Is this a correct way?
In doing this operation am I going to affect the mail server or the ssl/tls certificates?

thanks alot,
Marco

Although I can't give you any guarantees I don't see why your approach would affect any of the email accounts/mail settings of the domain. It looks like a good approach to me.

Last edited:
I would also add that it will be necessary not to forget to remove Typo3 databases.

Back