• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

nooob needs help please

D

DataVampire

ok i hate asking this question
im new to both linux and plesk.
how do i add the default domain please, its causing me loads of problems for example when i add a domain, and upload files to that domain names space, it isnt showing up in web, im baswicly trying to install forum soft, but it says 404 not found when you go to install it, its definatley uploaded, you can see it via ftp program amd also via the file manager in plesk.
if this helps im using it at home wiht only one external ip adress. the basic instaltion was done obviouly using the lan ip wich was for example 192.168.0.4.
im also running plesk on fedora core 3.
once i installed plesk i then went into admin server then added my external ip, and made it so it was shared, i then created a client, then added a domain to that.
have i done it all wrong?
appologies for probley such a simple solution
i have tried to search forum came up with nothing
thank you

Sounds like you have set the box up from the internal network and when you try to access from an external URL the box cannot be found.

Log in on ssh and type "ping bbc.co.uk" you should get a scrolling set of ping times. If not your public net connection is not setup.

I guess you will have two network cards. If so you should have installed a linux firewall to enable you route network traffic between cards. I found that the Plesk Firewall on its own did not get the traffic through.

Can you comment on the above and we can move further.

Back