• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Not All Subdomains working

P

Pharaoh

I have recently had to re-installed plesk 7 ( See post ) however I can only get one subdomain to render in the browser. any more than one results in and error message "500" Can not find server.

The domains are listed in IIS and are all setup the same way.
Anyone have similar problem - with an answer?

Cheers
Chris

Hi Chris, network logons are mainly due to wrong permission settings on the server. Having said that, we also had to reinstall whole plesk once, but that was because the whole plesk control panel dissapeared.

anyway, if you get a host not find, check the dns for the subdomain, lookit up iwth nslookup and see that it is working, look at the iis and see that it is setup right.. in other words, see to that plesk has done its every task by directly looking at the underlying software...

Originally posted by AbsolutelyFreeW
Hi Chris, network logons are mainly due to wrong permission settings on the server. Having said that, we also had to reinstall whole plesk once, but that was because the whole plesk control panel dissapeared.

anyway, if you get a host not find, check the dns for the subdomain, lookit up iwth nslookup and see that it is working, look at the iis and see that it is setup right.. in other words, see to that plesk has done its every task by directly looking at the underlying software...

Thanks for that.
The logon problem has now gone after the reinstall and I can sucsessfully access the domain outside the lan.

The subdomains now also seem to be working, even though I have not changed anything.? prehaps they needed time to populate properly??? However this did not seem to be the case for the first subdomain created.

Oh well, don't realy care as long as it stays working.

cheers all :)

Back