• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Resolved Not available space

ext3

New Pleskian
Hello,
i have a problem with disk space.I am using esxi server and i have created a vps with 500gb disk space.

The plesk says the following:
Partition "/" utilization 47.8% used (23.5 GB of 49.1 GB) TotalUsage->/"
Partition "/boot" utilization 38% used (181 MB of 476 MB) TotalUsage->/boot"
Partition "/home" utilization 6.8% used (36.2 GB of 535 GB) TotalUsage->/home"

Is it possible to fix this without reinstalling the whole server?
Like this for example: useradd test then ln -s /home/test/ /var/www/vhosts/test.com?

Also i want to use plesk integration with reseller account so it must be auto.

Plesk will place and edit many files under /. These are mainly system related. I do not think it is possible to run good installation from a different path. It is possible to move the website virtual host path to a different drive, but not the Plesk software and all the packages that come with it. Your / path should have more storage space anyway, because you need room to store all the Linux software in it. And where is your /tmp partition?

As possible solution you can replace vhosts location from /var to /home with help ot transvhosts.pl Plesk utility:

Code:
# plesk bin transvhosts.pl --help
You should specify destination directory.
Utility to transfer vhosts content from HTTPD_VHOSTS_D directory to new place.

Usage:
        --dest-dir   <path>  Destination path. Path to new vhosts directory.
                             Example: /path/to/new/vhosts.
                             If directory does not exist it will be created.

--correct-scripts    Changes user scripts.
                             Old vhost path is replaced to new path in content of all files.

First of all,i want to thank you for the fast answers.
My /tmp partition exists at / but 50gb isn't enough for / utilization?

I will use umount & shrink the /home then lvextend the partition /. I hope plesk won't have a problem with that.

Last edited:
Back