1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Not Displaying .swf files

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by EONI Hostmaster, Jun 2, 2010.

1. EONI Hostmaster

EONI Hostmaster Guest

Hello,
    I am in the process of migrating a bunch of domains to our new plesk 9.5 linux server.

I hit a snag moving a customer that uses shockwave elements on his site.

I thought this was a MIME type issue, but upon checking, we have the mime type for .swf files.

Not sure what else the problem could be, Can anybody provide some insight?

2. EONI Hostmaster

EONI Hostmaster Guest

i just discovered something interesting.

if i try to access the file directly, it does display, but is ridiculously oversized. it displays just fine on my non-plesk server that i am trying to migrate away from.

3. EONI Hostmaster

EONI Hostmaster Guest

confirmed that in the original code, the parameters are defined for the file size. so perhaps thats why they are blown up when i visit them directly. this does confirm that this is not a MIME type issue, though it still baffles me why it is not working with plesk..

4. 105547111

105547111 Silver Pleskian

30%
    Is your previous server linux or windows?

Linux does not support shockwave, other than simply storing the files on the filesystem.