• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Not use default SSL certificate

J

jgaris

I'm running Fedora Core 2 with Plesk 7.5 reloaded and I have several domains setup on this box. I have installed a Comodo Instant SSL for one of the domains, and the installation went very smooth and seemed to work fine. However when I visit the site through a browser, it gives me the Security Warning box saying that the names don't match. Upon further investigation, by clicking the "Install Certificate" button, it shows that the certificate it is using is the default certificate installed with Plesk for the server and not the domain specific one that I purchased and installed from Instant SSL.

How do I set it to use the domain certificate and not the server, or IP address certificate? Do I need to purchase another dedicated IP for that domain?

Thank you.

I have same problem, i want install SSL Cert for 1 domain only, should i buy another IP ?

Before i am use 7.0.4 version, two days ago i upgrade it to 7.5.2 and now i can not change SSL certificate.
I am already remove default SSL Cert. (generate by plesk) and add anothe "default" cert, but when i open one of my vhost the SSL certifiate is still use genereta by plesk

Need your help

Thanks

Yeah, that was the problem I was having. In 7.5 plesk will not allow you to select another certificate unless the domain is set to exclusive and assigned to that IP address.

So the answer is yes, you need a dedicated IP address to get the SSL certificate to work.

After that, it worked fine for me.

Back