• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Nothing but issues. Email DNS random system reboots

jammer699669

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlamLinux 9
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.60 update 1
I switched over from Cpanel to Plesk. Clean OS install and then Plesk.
Now from the start DNS for the websites didn't work and I had to apply DNS template to it after it was created so maybe the scripts were not doing it right to start with.
I can't change my profile, it errors out
Email has been hit or miss. I could pop the email accounts but for some reason it was not delivering email to the accounts. I ripped out the fire wall and the plesk email security and rebooted and that seems to have fixed it. And No there was no mail in the QUE , inbound mail was just gone. NOw it seems it likes to randomly reboot and I get nothing in the logs as to why. Parts of the email are still broken, one email account can't access the sent or trash. ( It gives an error about the index not being writable in webmail )
I am more than frustrated with this.
MY Named DNS should be authoritative but it is not and Plesk gave that to my Hosting companies dns and if i change it in the resolv.conf then named will not run.
I am looking for solutions here to make sure that the server has maximum uptime. I have read all of the docs that I can and still can not find a solution to any of these issues.
The server is a dedicated server.

I can imagine your frustration with so many issues.

You're welcome to post more details about each issue here. That way the Plesk Community can maybe help you to get them sorted. Otherwise don't hesitate to contact Plesk Support. There are very knowledgeable and I am sure they can help you get things working for you.

Random reboots are logged to journalctl. It is impossible that there are no entries regarding the cause. There must be entries right before the reboot that point to the cause.

well I have gone over that and over that and No just a reboot no cause listed kinda like some one uplugged the computer thing

another example is that when I use the Plesk email security and turn on Spamassassin it just locks the mail in the mail que
the reason it ends up in the que-- for some reason it can not (connect to 127.0.0.1[127.0.0.1]:10024: Connection refused) see the issue and it still will not flush. and then you can't flush it out of the que and force it to deliver the mail once I removed spamassassin ..postqueue -f doesn't do it and neither does
postfix flush
. this is what I had to do
systemctl stop postfix
mailq
postsuper -r ALL deferred
systemctl start postfix
mailq.

Bear in mInd Plesk has set everything up and I have not touched any config files

Your description points to either a hardware issue or an issue with the operating system itself. You're trying to blame it on Plesk in your previous post, but Plesk only takes what's in the system and offers an easy-to-use user surface to manage system services. If they install system services, they take them from the existing operating system repositories. Plus, if you were right and the reason was to be found in Plesk, why do tens of thousands of other users do not experience the same issues that you are experiencing on your server?

I recommend going back into journalctl and finding the reason for the reboots. Plesk itself never reboots a server. If the server reboots, there is a problem with either the operating system or the hardware.

I guess I have to explain it to you again because you missed it. The server and the Old OS ran flawlessly under CPANEL all year basically from april to april.
Now because I now have limited domains on my server now I opted out of Cpanel because of the price.
So Hardware is the Same OS is the same. A fresh install was done for the OS.
I installed Plesk and redid all the domains on the server. Witht many issues and problems with the DNS as stated before ( Now from the start DNS for the websites didn't work and I had to apply DNS template to it after it was created so maybe the scripts were not doing it right to start with.) something I should not have to do.
. I have been around Unix for a very long time a and if You think that a program crashing can not cause a reboot you need to read more, it happens.
I am blaming Plesk for a ton of problems I should not have and no way to correct for them. BTW I have a computer around here that sometimes gets a video driver issue and the system has rebooted because of it. Changing drivers solved the issue. I have also gone over every line in the journalctl long before I posted in here and when I say there are no reasons listed there that is a fact. Ans so far it as not rebooted since the Plesk update. No software is perfect. I have in the past issues with Cpanel. I used Plesk a very long time ago without any problems but when I can't even install one of there extensions with out it causing problems what do you want me to say good job plesk. I still have email issues, DNS issues and many more and that is out of the BOX and this server hasn't been up much longer than a week

Hey dude I am just pointing out reality, sorry that it does not match yours. Your only suggestion was for the reboot and some kind of magic that the entries in the journal would just appear. I know the exact time of the last reboot, I can also estimate how long it takes for the system to restart. So at most I have to look at a ten minute range. but I went over it line by line and it was just not a reason for it at all. As well nothing about any other issue like spam assassin or dns.
Its nice that you have such faith in a product but I need real answers or things to ]try that I have not though of

Back