• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Numerous "stop call handlers from dir" in mail.err

B

bocki

Hello and happy new year!

I get numerous (probably one per processed e-mail) messages of the following form in /var/log/mail.err:

Dec 23 03:37:02 www qmail-local-handlers[22360]: mailbox: /var/qmail/mailnames/domain.tld/user
Dec 23 03:37:05 www qmail-local-handlers[22360]: call_handlers: stop call handlers from dir '/opt/psa/handlers/before-local/recipient/[email protected]'

This does not seem to be a real error message as mail gets deliverd to my users. Though, this jams my mail.err so that I have problems seeing "real errors" in the file.

Do you have an idea what causes these messages and how I could get rid of them?

Thanks in advance!

Plesk mailserver log located not in /var/log/mail.err but in /usr/local/psa/var/logs/maillog Look at this log instead.

Thank you for this information.

But what does use the logs in /var/log/mail.* then as the entries in the mail-logs there are "real" and not just dummy ones?

Does the "basic" qmail write to /var/log/mail.* and just the psa-patch to /usr/local/psa/var/logs/maillog?

In case it helps: it's a Plesk 9.2.2 on Ubuntu 8.04.

Back