1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Numerous "stop call handlers from dir" in mail.err

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by bocki, Jan 2, 2010.

1. bocki

bocki Guest

Hello and happy new year!

I get numerous (probably one per processed e-mail) messages of the following form in /var/log/mail.err:

This does not seem to be a real error message as mail gets deliverd to my users. Though, this jams my mail.err so that I have problems seeing "real errors" in the file.

Do you have an idea what causes these messages and how I could get rid of them?

Thanks in advance!

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Plesk mailserver log located not in /var/log/mail.err but in /usr/local/psa/var/logs/maillog Look at this log instead.

3. bocki

bocki Guest

Thank you for this information.

But what does use the logs in /var/log/mail.* then as the entries in the mail-logs there are "real" and not just dummy ones?

Does the "basic" qmail write to /var/log/mail.* and just the psa-patch to /usr/local/psa/var/logs/maillog?

In case it helps: it's a Plesk 9.2.2 on Ubuntu 8.04.