• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Obsidian Dark mode

seqoi

Regular Pleskian
Is there Obsidian dark mode or at least some consideration about it? Note that this is not feature request - just simple discusion.

My server provider (Hetzner) few days ago shifted to Dark mode and it's being great. Especially in long night sessions. I am finding it logical that most of us are working when everyone else (our customers) is sleeping.

Also i noticed that Advanced Monitoring (Grafana actually) can use dark mode when sharing links. It's looking quite better imho.

That being said i wonder will we see global Dark mode in Obsidian. Could be cool for long night working.

What do you think?

I really like Hetzner implementation. They ask do you want to switch permanently by yourself to Dark interface (revert is possible) or do you want to switch to dark mode if dark mode is selected in your OS. Seems great.

Even better would be that we could set up "switch" based on hours. So Plesk could switch to Dark mode in night shifts.

You can create at least your own custom dark theme Using Custom Themes
I was aware of that but thanks for the suggestion. Will put some thoughts about it. I am concerned about doing my own theme because i see some people complain every time Obsidian is updated. Apparently all their work is wiped out with minor upgrades. In the way that Obsidian staff still cannot decide what should be defined or not. Apparently Obsidian staff change CSS class names and so on on every update. I personally can not confirm that but i saw few threads about it here.

Hence my question - is company giving it a thought.

I'll look into it.

Do you happen to know can Advanced Monitoring also be skinned? When i am sharing my Grafana window they are allowing me to choose between dark and light.

Look here:

Back