• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ODBC error #HY000 after "upgrade" to V12

Blairvoyach

New Pleskian
I upgraded my V11 panel to V 12 and on re-logging in got the "function not implemented" error. I managed to fix that but now on logging in I get the following.....

ODBC error #HY000: [unixODBC][MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver]Access denied for user 'apsc'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I have searched the Knowledge base and all the solutions refer to V11.5 at the latest and the password changer file will not run on V12xx

Any ideas how I can get this resolved? At the moment, I am having to change all subscriptions to my account to be able to modify any settings.

Regards,
Jeff.

1. Check that information about "apsc" database exists in Plesk:

# mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow ` psa -e "select * from misc where param like 'aps%'"

+----------------------+----------------------------------------------------------------+
| param | val |
+----------------------+----------------------------------------------------------------+
| aps_database | apsc |
| aps_host | localhost |
| aps_login | apsc |
| aps_password | $AES-128-CBC$Z3eTfCbfS0sDHNUYKGop0Q==$WcmW5cJgKKWSFgA1J14D+Q== |
| aps_port | 3306 |
| aps_secure_passwords | true |

NOTE: If "aps_password" starts from "$AES-128.." then it is encrypted, continue with step 2. If it is in plain format you can continue with step 3.

2. It is not possible to decrypt apsc user password. You can take the original password from the psa database backups created before upgrade to a new Plesk version. By default backups are located in "/var/lib/psa/dumps" directory. Open psa backup and find the line like below:

('aps_password','<non_encrypted_passwd>'),('aps_port','8306')

where <"non_encrypted_passwd"> - is a password you need to set.

3. Set proper privileges for MySQL database:

# mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow ` mysql -e "grant all privileges on apsc.* to 'apsc'@'localhost' identified by '<non_encrypted_passwd>'"

Back