• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Old Custom Plesk URL still being referenced

iratefox

New Pleskian
Hi everyone,

I've got an odd issue that I can't seem to resolve. I'm not too concerned about it but would like it corrected nonetheless.

I had a custom Plesk URL set and due to a company name change and domain name change this was updated... so we went from DomainA.com to DomainB.com and updated all associated admin contact info etc. DomainB.com is now set as the Custom Plesk URL... except, when I go to the Updates page (which I access via IP due to not being able to access 8447 via Cloudflare) I am given the following message above the login box; "To avoid SSL warnings during Plesk login, use https://domainA.com:8443"

Clearly, there's some config somewhere which has DomainA.com stored and I cannot find it anywhere. I've been through every page of the UI, tried to look through some files, checked out panel.ini for good measure and I just cannot see where this is referenced. Something which is likely another topic but I'll mention just in case it's relevant for anything; it seems that even though I have restricted access to be accessible via DomainB.com only, DomainA.com is still able to access and login successfully if the DNS is pointed there...

As before, I'm not too concerned because it doesn't appear to be affecting anything yet and is just labelling which is the issue (from what I can tell at least...) but does anybody have an idea where this might be found and how it can be corrected?

Thanks

Does anybody have any ideas with this? I tried searching for the specific string on my server in the hope of finding a config file but nothing seems to exist in any file on the server...

I understand that you have updated the custom login URL. But Have you also updated the host name? (Tools & Settings > Server Settings > Full hostname)

I understand that you have updated the custom login URL. But Have you also updated the host name? (Tools & Settings > Server Settings > Full hostname)
Thanks for the reply. I double checked as I couldn’t remember, but I have already set this to the new host. I went through every page again in Plesk and again couldn’t find a trace of the old host name.

Any other ideas?

Thanks

After changing the domain name and host name of the server, have you updated the SSL certificate that protects the server login?

Thank you for the reply - I checked this and everything was as expected but no mention of the old domain. However, just after these checks I changed the certificate for the Plesk server as it was due to expire and it made me realise that this could be the issue. Sure enough, after the new certificate was implemented the domain was updated to the new value on the Updates page. It's still incorrect, as it references a CloudFlare origin certificate now instead of the actual domain name, but I can understand this now and although it's nonsense I at least have peace of mind that everything has been implemented correctly and there's nothing left of the old domain.

Back