• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

One client (single account) incoming mail hangs in the queue

G

gshelton

So I have migrated to to a new Plesk 9 server from an old Plesk 9 server.

So far, almost everything seems to be OK... Except:

I have one client who has only one domain. He has 2 email accounts. (His and his wife's.) ANY incoming mail to his account gets deferred with a message of nothing more than:

[email protected]
offset=490
dsn_orig_rcpt=rfc822;[email protected]
status=4.2.1
action=delayed
diag_type=x-unix
diag_text=Message can not be delivered at this time
reason=Message can not be delivered at this time

The only other info I can see is in the maillog:
Jan 19 20:34:29 server postfix/pipe[24523]: 1DCB81F38A16: to=<[email protected]>, relay=plesk_virtual, delay=41926, delays=41926/0/0/0.01, dsn=4.2.1, status=deferred (Message can not be delivered at this time )
Jan 19 20:34:29 server postfix/pipe[24147]: 990411F3858F: to=<[email protected]>, relay=plesk_virtual, delay=209420, delays=209420/0/0/0.02, dsn=4.2.1, status=deferred (Message can not be delivered at this time )

Any mail sent to his wife's account processes and delivers normally.

Any ideas? No other accounts on the server are hanging that I know of. (About 40 domains with multiple email accounts.)

Oddly enough, deleting maildirsize from the folder fixed the issue. No idea why.

I'm running into this as well. The problem is that the user is over quota. But instead of bouncing the message back to the sender with an error message saying its over quota, it just hangs in the queue forever.

I'd like to find out why user quotas aren't working properly...

Back