• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Ongoing crashes and error with 1and1 dedicated server

misterm2012

New Pleskian
I have been a 1and1 (Customer ID 6019211) customer for many years now. Occasionally we used to get a hiccup and have to call 1and1 for assistance, but this was very rare.

Since Plesk 10 was released, we find ourselves calling 1and1 at least once every 2 weeks, due to Plesk errors and all of our websites, being off-line. Most of the time this is due to Apache stopping for no reason, which can then be re-started after a few attempts either via Plesk or SSH.

More and more we are unable to restart the server, have to call 1and1, who also can't help and have to raise a ticket with Plesk. Somebody at Parallels would then fix the error without explanation. Everything would be fine for another week or 2 and then a similar problem would pop up and we start the process again.

I came into the office today at 9am to find Apache off-line since 6am, again for no reason other than emails containing the following error: PHP Fatal error: Class 'vz' not found in /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/PleskException.php on line 22

So far these errors have cost me 2 very good clients.

How can I get someone at Parallels to check Plesk on my server to see why these errors are occurring and fix them once and for all, instead of me having to call back every week or so for another issue to be fixed? Could somebody at Parallels maybe re-install Plesk from scratch? I look after another client website on 1and1 dedicated server, who has no problems at all, as that server already had Plesk 10, with no upgrades.

We have already informed 1and1 of our intention top move to a competitor due to these ongoing costly problem

Thanks

D Murray

Good morning, i have the same problem. "PHP Fatal error: Class 'vz' not found in /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/PleskException.php on line 22".
How did you fix it.

Thanks.

Angel Laguna.

Back