• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Only getting default page on IP address?

K

KirkC

I am moving to a new server that has Plesk, in doing so, I would like to be able to verify the site I am moving is successful by visiting the IP of the site in my browser before I switch the DNS server so the move will appear seamless.

The issue I am having though is that when I visit the IP of the domain I have set up in Plesk, I get the default page. I have also atried using paths to files that I know are in the httpdocs DIR. No luck.

I am able to do this for 2 other sites that I have set up in Plesk and it works as I would expect.

Anyone have any ideas on how I might resolve this?

Did you checked that this IP is resolvable to domain's hostname? Do you have corresponding PTR record for this IP?

Well, maybe an hour after I made the post I finally found the resolution. Since this hadn't been approved yet I couldn't reply.

For anyone else who happens to come across this:

Under Settings > IP Addresses I had to select the IP address in question, then choose the default domain. Problem solved.

I have no idea why 1 of the 3 domains I set up didn't do this automatically, but all is good now. Thank Igor.

Back