• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue Onyx to Obsidian - php problem

jos_v

New Pleskian
After I updated from Plesk Onyx to Obsidian, I can no longer change my self compiled PHP versions.

In panel.log I see following error. Is this a bug?

Don't know how to detect if 'php72-fpm' service is registered on CentOS 7.7.1908

Does any one know a solution to this problem?

In Plesk Onyx 17.8.11 this was working fine.

Which error do you see, that part is missing...

In any case, you might need to re-register your custom PHP handlers. List them first, of course, check if that is indeed so...

Plesk Documentation: php_handler: PHP Handlers

When I do plesk bin php_handler --list I see all the handlers. I did plesk bin php_handler --reread and received the message:
The information about PHP handlers was successfully updated.

But still I cannot change my PHP version. The full error message in panel.log is:

stderr:
Don't know how to detect if 'php56-fpm' service is registered on CentOS 7.7.1908

[03-Nov-2019 21:08:48 Europe/Berlin] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught PleskUtilException: phpinimng failed: Don't know how to detect if 'php56-fpm' service is registered on CentOS 7.7.1908 in /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Service/Agent.php:210
Stack trace:
#0 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/PHosting/Apache.php(611): Service_Agent->execAndGetResponse('phpinimng', Array)
#1 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/PHosting/Apache.php(579): PHosting_Apache->deletePhpFpmConfiguration('jos-testdomain2...', Array)
#2 [internal function]: PHosting_Apache->restartPhpFpmBatch()
#3 {main}
thrown in /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Service/Agent.php on line 21

This might be a bug.

Can you please also post the list of the registered PHP handlers?

plesk bin php_handler --list
id: display name: full version: version: type: cgi-bin: php-cli: php.ini: custom: status:
cgi 5.4.16 by OS vendor 7.2.9 7.2 cgi /usr/bin/php-cgi /usr/bin/php /etc/php.ini false disabled
fastcgi 5.4.16 by OS vendor 7.2.9 7.2 fastcgi /usr/bin/php-cgi /usr/bin/php /etc/php.ini false disabled
fastcgi52 5.2.17 5.2.17 5.2 fastcgi /usr/local/php5/bin/php-cgi /usr/local/php5/bin/php /usr/local/php5/lib/php.ini true enabled
fastcgi53 5.3.29 5.3.29 5.3 fastcgi /usr/local/php53/bin/php-cgi /usr/local/php53/bin/php /usr/local/php53/lib/php.ini true enabled
fpm 5.4.16 by OS vendor 7.2.9 7.2 fpm /usr/sbin/php-fpm /usr/bin/php /etc/php.ini false disabled
module 5.4.16 by OS vendor 7.2.9 7.2 module /usr/bin/php-cgi /usr/bin/php /etc/php.ini false disabled
php53-fpm 5.3.29 5.3.29 5.3 fpm /usr/local/php53/sbin/php-fpm /usr/local/php53/bin/php /usr/local/php53/lib/php.ini true enabled
php55-fpm 5.5.38 5.5.38 5.5 fpm /usr/local/php55/sbin/php-fpm /usr/local/php55/bin/php /usr/local/php55/lib/php.ini true enabled
php56-fpm 5.6.37 5.6.37 5.6 fpm /usr/local/php56/sbin/php-fpm /usr/local/php56/bin/php /usr/local/php56/lib/php.ini true enabled
php70-fpm 7.0.31 7.0.31 7.0 fpm /usr/local/php70/sbin/php-fpm /usr/local/php70/bin/php /usr/local/php70/lib/php.ini true enabled
php71-fpm 7.1.21 7.1.21 7.1 fpm /usr/local/php71/sbin/php-fpm /usr/local/php71/bin/php /usr/local/php71/lib/php.ini true enabled
php72-fpm 7.2.9 7.2.9 7.2 fpm /usr/local/php72/sbin/php-fpm /usr/local/php72/bin/php /usr/local/php72/lib/php.ini true enabled
plesk-php73-cgi 7.3.11 7.3.11 7.3 cgi /opt/plesk/php/7.3/bin/php-cgi /opt/plesk/php/7.3/bin/php /opt/plesk/php/7.3/etc/php.ini true disabled
plesk-php73-fastcgi 7.3.11 7.3.11 7.3 fastcgi /opt/plesk/php/7.3/bin/php-cgi /opt/plesk/php/7.3/bin/php /opt/plesk/php/7.3/etc/php.ini true enabled
plesk-php73-fpm 7.3.11 7.3.11 7 .3 fpm /opt/plesk/php/7.3/sbin/php-fpm /opt/plesk/php/7.3/bin/php /opt/plesk/php/7.3/etc/php.ini true enabled

Hello,

It seems Plesk cannot operate with custom fpm service. Do you have an systemd units or sysvinit scripts or something else for it ?

I use systemd scripts to stop and start php-fpm daemons. This works when I manually change a php-fpm version.

For instance when I move domain.conf from /usr/local/php56/etc/php-fpm.d to /usr/local/php72/etc/php-fpm.d. And then I do systemctl restart php56-fpm.service and systemctl restart php72-fpm.service, the php version for the domain changes from 5.6 to 7.2.

But when I change the php version in Plesk GUI or via cli I get the above mentioned error.

Hello,

Do you have set systemd unit names, when php handler has been registered ? You can check service names in plesk sbin php_handlers_control --list-json

Yes I did for all php versions. Below I pasted the output for php 7.2

{"php":[
{
"id":"php72-fpm",
"path":"/usr/local/php72/sbin/php-fpm",
"clipath":"/usr/local/php72/bin/php",
"phpini":"/usr/local/php72/lib/php.ini",
"version":"7.2.24",
"displayname":"7.2.24",
"type":"fpm",
"system":false,
"service":"php72-fpm",
"poold":"/usr/local/php72/etc/php-fpm.d"
},

Hi Jos_v,

Did you get any direct response from Plesk? Because I'm pretty much running into the exact same bug as you.

Cheers,
Wiel

Back