• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Oops! We ran into some problems.

What's the reason you need Redis? It's only useful on dynamic websites that have lots of visitors.
I found that using W3 Total Cache makes a WordPress site much faster without using an object cache like Redis or Memcached.
Running a WordPress site on Nginx instead of the combo Nginx + Apache also makes it faster and uses less memory.

Thanks for the recommendation, the reason why I'm using Redis is that I'm running a member site, which hopefully will have lots of visitors.
Interesting info about running a WordPress site on Nginx instead of the combo Nginx + Apache.

I limited the memory for Redis in Docker, from Unlimited to 2000mb as a starting point for my 8gb server.

This solved the issues in Redis Console Log, which now loads instantly without time out, and the log is a lot shorter.

I have no idea if 2000mb is to little or too much to allocate for a 8gb server, but it seems like a good starting point.

Back