• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Open ports on my domain plesk firewall

karimwael

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
ubuntu
Plesk version and microupdate number
last
hello
someone sent me a photo and said that my website have some open ports and its dengerous and some hackers may use it
honestly iam not expert on this i make search and found most websites are not opening these ports except mine

1688575068393.png

iam using plesk for a while i made the setup server following tutroial on youtube and then forget about it

can someone help me where i should close these ports and why they are opened by default ? is this a firewall thing?
thanks

someone sent me a photo and said that my website have some open ports and its dengerous and some hackers may use it
Let me guess, they offered their service to 'solve' that for you? Don't get fooled. Those ports are supposed to be open, else your server won't function properly.

thanks , this means hackers or unwanted people can't take advantage of this?
which ports they can use to harm my website so i can check?
Hackers can use any port if the service on that port isn't secured properly. But closing ports isn't (usually) a solution for keeping hackers out. You can read more about securing you Plesk server here.

Back