• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question open_basedir issue with borlabs cookie

nookyyy

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Debian 11.8
Plesk version and microupdate number
Version 18.0.57 #5
Hey,

after upgrading to borlabs 3.0 i got lots of warnings regarding open_basedir restriction etc.
I worte their support to check it out and their plain answer was: not our fault check with ur system admin and fix your open_basedir configuration and they linked me to A website hosted in Plesk is not accessible: open_basedir restriction in effect - Support Cases from Plesk Knowledge Base :)

We use Debian + plesk + litespeed and php fast_cgi 8.3 with {WEBSPACEROOT}{/}{:}{TMP}{/} as open_basedir settings. I did load the default litespeed config + default php config aswell and still the same issue.
Any idea what i can try to fix this or does it have to be a bug in their plugin or maybe a conflict with some wp settings / other plugin ?

Thx for any help

borlabs.jpg

Stack Trace:

file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/nookyyy.com/:/tmp/)

wp-admin/includes/class-wp-filesystem-direct.php:419
file_exists()
wp-admin/includes/class-wp-filesystem-direct.php:419
WP_Filesystem_Direct->exists()
wp-content/plugins/borlabs-cookie/classes/Cookie/System/FileSystem/FileManager.php:367
BorlabsCSFFileManager->exists()
wp-content/plugins/borlabs-cookie/classes/Cookie/System/FileSystem/FileManager.php:357
BorlabsCSFFileManager->ensureFolderIsWritable()
wp-content/plugins/borlabs-cookie/classes/Cookie/System/FileSystem/FileManager.php:499
BorlabsCSFFileManager->saveFile()
wp-content/plugins/borlabs-cookie/classes/Cookie/System/FileSystem/FileManager.php:76
BorlabsCSFFileManager->cacheFile()
wp-content/plugins/borlabs-cookie/classes/Cookie/System/Script/ScriptConfigBuilder.php:264
BorlabsCSSScriptConfigBuilder->buildJavaScriptConfigFile()
wp-content/plugins/borlabs-cookie/classes/Cookie/System/WordPressFrontendDriver/WordPressFrontendResources.php:148
BorlabsCSWWordPressFrontendResources->registerHeadResources()
wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:324
do_action('wp_enqueue_scripts')
wp-includes/script-loader.php:2262
wp_enqueue_scripts()
wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php:324
do_action('wp_head')
wp-includes/general-template.php:3052
wp_head()
wp-content/themes/bricks/header.php:7
load_template('wp-content/themes/bricks/header.php')
wp-includes/template.php:725
locate_template()
wp-includes/general-template.php:48
get_header()
wp-content/themes/bricks/page.php:2

file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/vhosts/nookyyy.com/:/tmp/)
means that your Wordpress website tries to open a file located on the root level of the server's hard disk. Probably in some configuration, the path starts with "/" while it should be relative to the document root and not start with "/". When you start a path with "/" it means that it starts at the disk's root, e.g. "/var/www/vhosts/nookyyy.com" starts at the disks root, but "mypath/myfile.jpg" would start where the script runs.

It's probably a simple configuration issue with some plugin of the website.

Hey Peter, thank you for ur feedback. Based on that, i've deactivated EVERY plugin but borlabs and used default 2024 theme - still same errors:

1703287754026.png

any other idea what it could be ( if its really not the plugin itself causing the issue ) ?

Back