• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

openDKIM and plesk and postfix

Patrick1

New Pleskian
Dear Reader,

I am having trouble setting this up. If i set DKIM up together with plesk SPF and Domainkeys its not working.
All checks come back as fail, even though the logfiles say its fine.

Oct 19 20:04:27 p2 postfix/cleanup[6818]: 33B802BC00BA: message-id=<[email protected]25.com>
Oct 19 20:04:27 p2 opendkim[6796]: 33B802BC00BA: verifier.port25.com [96.244.219.19] not internal
Oct 19 20:04:27 p2 opendkim[6796]: 33B802BC00BA: not authenticated
Oct 19 20:04:27 p2 opendkim[6796]: 33B802BC00BA: DKIM verification successful

From port25.com
------------------------
SPF check: pass
DomainKeys check: pass
DKIM check: fail
Sender-ID check: pass
SpamAssassin check: ham

if i put milter_protocol = 2 in main.conf (instead of 6) it crashes /psa-pc-remote but after that
my DKIM is working fine. I searched high and low but cant find a solution to this problem.

My main.cf looks like

# OpenDKIM
milter_default_action = accept
milter_protocol = 6
smtpd_milters = inet:127.0.0.1:12345, inet:127.0.0.1:12768
non_smtpd_milters = inet:127.0.0.1:12345

Is this a bug or can i do something to fix it ?

Patrick

JFYI 'milter_protocol=2' defined in '/etc/postfix/main.cf' is not correct for Plesk milter library. Also I'd like to draw your attention that when you have DKIM and DomainKeys enabled on the server both of them are working similar way but they are using different 'domainkey' records in DNS.

Dear Igor,

Thanks for your reply. I am aware that protocol=2 is not correct, it crashes psa-pc-remote. However, with psa crashed DKIM works correct, but then
i loose the functionality of plesk. (i just mentioned it for clarity that DKIM is setup right)

I have for both a separate key of course. Like i say, without psa it works as expected.

So im kinda stuck here. I don't understand why we got Domainkeys with plesk 12. Its hardly used anymore.

What can be the solution ?

Regards,
Patrick

Igor,
I'm having trouble with my mail being rejected by hotmail and one of their responses is that I need to set DKIM up on my server.
They have stated that they do not use Domain Keys.
Can we expect an update to Plesk 12 based on more current functions?
If not can you point to a walkthrough of how to set it up on a vanilla Postfix Plesk 12 server, in such a way that will not interfere with use of the Plesk panel?

Last edited:
Hi Frono,

I haven't found a solution to this problem yet. I am routing my email trough another server capable of handling DKIM and retired
that plesk server. We still have plesk servers but not for serious mail.

It seems that this issue has no priority for parallels and they are stuck in the past with domainkeys which no serious provider would use.
I didn't got a reply on my last post above and that was from 20 october last year, so i think you can forget that they are
modernising this.

My advice, install a different mailserver to handle the mail for the domains you need DKIM for.

Hope you will find it eventually.
Patrick

What OS are you guys using? I'm not having any issue running OpenDKIM on Ubuntu 12 LTS or 14 LTS with Plesk 11 or 12.
Running Postfix with the following milter settings..

Code:
## DKIM & DomainKeys
milter_default_action = accept
milter_protocol = 6
smtpd_milters = inet:127.0.0.1:12768, inet:127.0.0.1:12345
non_smtpd_milters = inet:127.0.0.1:12345

Where "inet:127.0.0.1:12345" is OpenDKIM.

Here's a Debian based Guide
And one at AskUbuntu
Also here's the Plesk Uservoice request for DKIM Support

Maybe something there will help.
Kind regards

Lloyd

Lloyd, do you have any advice/instructions you followed to get OpenDKIM working with Postfix? I'm on CentOS 6.6 + Plesk 12 and would like to enable DKIM signing and so any 'war stories'/things that worked well would be *very* gratefully received.

I've found this item on OpenDKIM with Exim on CentOS 7 which I've been planning to follow, but I'm thinking you may have more very direct experience :)

Thx

Back