• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Opening webmail on plesk opens webmail for cpanel

klmgraphics

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.8 (Sapphire Caracal)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.55 Update #1, last updated on Sept 8, 2023 03:52 AM
I migrated a domain account from cPanel to Plesk. It appears to have setup the domain correctly, the website shows just fine and email addresses are present. However when I go to webmail.domain.com instead of getting the Plesk webmail login page it opens the default page for cPanel webmail login. As I expected I am unable to login to the email since it apparently is trying to connect to the email on the old cPanel server that is no longer active. I can confirm the DNS has been setup correctly and there is no records from cPanel and the domain does show all propagation has completed. I have cleared the browser cache and even tried on multiple browsers and I get the same result. Anyone know if there is somewhere in the Plesk install where something that should not have migrated did and brought in something from the old cPanel account that should have been left?

Worth noting, the email does in fact work. I can set it up in Outlook and have tested and everything functions just fine. Just the issue with the browser and trying to access it through webmail.

VersionPlesk Obsidian v18.0.55
OSAlmaLinux 9.2 (Turquoise Kodkod)

I found this forum while googling for answers. However I have the same exact issue. I did check with the 'dig' command and everything points to the new server, but still when trying to check the mail through Plesk it loads the cPanel webmail login.

I found this forum while googling for answers. However I have the same exact issue. I did check with the 'dig' command and everything points to the new server, but still when trying to check the mail through Plesk it loads the cPanel webmail login.
But are you sure you got the webmail subdomain (webmail.whatever.tld) pointing to the new server?

Back