• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

openSUSE 12.1?

D3nnis3n

Regular Pleskian
Hello,
will 10.4 support openSuSE 12.1 which will be released in early mid of november? Would be fantastic.

Is there an ETA for an Patch for openSuSE 12.1, i'd like to upgrade but i can't even load a new version of Plesk 10.4 at the moment, but i can upgrade in my old panel.

openSUSE 12.1 support is scheduled and will be implemented soon.

That's great. openSuSE 12.1 just was released as an Image from my Dedicated Server Provider, so i don't even need to install it manually then.

As far as I know openSUSE12.1 EZ template expected at this year at least. But I'm not sure.

That would require an 10.4.5 at least, wouldn't it? If that'll be released this year?
I'd really like to switch over to openSuSE 12.1 at the end of this year. Every software is prepared,
just plesk is missing. :(

Is it being delayed again? 2 Weeks are over in two days ...
It really seems like i have to search a new panel, as i just can't wait month for upgrading a system, especially when there are changes like that. Can't believe it takes so long, when people first said it would be ready until the end of the last year ... It's been two months since then! :O

better it takes 1-2 months longer and runs without any problems...

as i know, release date of opensuse was in okt 2011 or november 2011 - also plesk 10.4.4 was released in okt or nov. 2011...

we have to wait for the next release of plesk...

I know that.
Plesk releases usually occur faster than now. Just look at the Release of the last two bigger Versions ;)
And no, i'm not fan of "better it takes 1-2 months longer and runs without any problems".
I also would use one of those testing versions that can be chosen in the updater for updating which isn't there unfortunateley. (Plesk is one of the most unneeded software on the server, but i need it for the clients. -.-)

I just need it, because i must delay all my serverwork that needs to be done, because it must be uniqueley compiled on a openSuSE 12.1 system. So i have to wait, i can't compile them now. Most wont even work, cause of software not being available for it. I need actual software. That's one reason i'm not using Debian or Ubuntu. Software there is not beeing updated as fast as in SuSE, and i've got not enough time to compile everything myself.

Please Plesk! You've a great product. But taking that long is just too long, with every needed respect.

Testing stage of openSUSE 12.1 support is not completed yet. There are some bugs which should be fixed in 1-2 weeks. After that openSUSE 12.1 support will be released.

Thanks for the Answer, but unfortunatley, i can no longer wait.
I cancelled my Plesk Licenses and went over to another Program.
As of that, i would like to know, how i can delete my account here at Parallels.
Thank you and goodbye.

Back