• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

openSUSE 12.2 Plesk Installation problem

AlkatraZ

Basic Pleskian
When I try to install PLESK, the installer gives an error and quits.
Loading repository data...
Reading installed packages...
Resolving package dependencies...
2 Problems:
Problem: nothing provides pp-sitebuilder >= 11.0.0 needed by psa-11.0.9-suse12.2.build110121101.15.x86_64
Problem: psa-updates-11.0.9-suse12.2.build110121024.10.noarch requires psa >= 11.0.9, but this requirement cannot be provided
Problem: nothing provides pp-sitebuilder >= 11.0.0 needed by psa-11.0.9-suse12.2.build110121101.15.x86_64
Solution 1: do not install psa-11.0.9-suse12.2.build110121101.15.x86_64
Solution 2: break psa-11.0.9-suse12.2.build110121101.15.x86_64 by ignoring some of its dependencies

Restoring zypper sources...

ERROR: Installation will not continue
Not all packages were installed.
Please, contact product technical support.

Used installer: parallels_installer_v3.12.1_build121119.12_os_SuSE_12.2_x86_64

Thanks for notification. Really, it is problem from our side. We will fix it immediately.

Try to run autoinstaller again. All should work fine now.

Installation was, but there is a new problem.
Where did Nginx?
It is not installed, if you go to "install modules", it does not even have to choose.
If you go to "Services management", writes that "This feature is not available..."

How to install Nginx?

And one more problem, now to the POP3 server.
If you go in the Services management, it indicates that the service is running, but it is impossible to connect to port 110.

Last edited:
Installation was, but there is a new problem.
Where did Nginx?
It is not installed, if you go to "install modules", it does not even have to choose.
If you go to "Services management", writes that "This feature is not available..."

How to install Nginx?

Run /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller and select nginx in menu for installation:
9. [=] Nginx reverse proxy support

Run /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller and select nginx in menu for installation:

9. [=] Nginx reverse proxy support

Unfortunately this is not possible.
As I already wrote, Nginx does not appear in the select components menu.
--------
Just remember that there is a problem with POP3, even if you give the command through the server console
telnet localhost 110
Trying 127.0.0.1...
telnet: connect to address 127.0.0.1: Connection refused
port 110 is not available.

Attachments

• main_components.jpg
    main_components.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Problem with nginx will be fixed on our side very soon and you will be able to install it with autoinstaller.
Regarding pop3 service try to restart /etc/init.d/courier-imap service and make sure that it is correctly running.

Regarding pop3 service try to restart /etc/init.d/courier-imap service and make sure that it is correctly running.

Everything has been tried.
And the daemon restarted and restarted a full server.
Indicates that the service is running but the port 110 is not available :(

Attachments

• courier-imap.jpg
    courier-imap.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
There is another problem with the PHP Session Cleanup.
When I was set to PLESK openSUSE 12.1 everything worked without problems.
I just added CronJob to perform every hour
/usr/local/psa/bin/run-parts.sh /etc/psa/plesk-cron.hourly
all perfectly clear.

Now, did nothing to clean, CronJob send me a E-mail notification
*** /etc/psa/plesk-cron.hourly/plesk-php-cleanuper Failed (code=1) ***

Have you tried to troubleshhot all these issues with help of article http://kb.parallels.com/111283 ? It is really very difficult to troubleshoot it without access to you server and only with your description of problems.

Have you tried to troubleshhot all these issues with help of article http://kb.parallels.com/111283 ? It is really very difficult to troubleshoot it without access to you server and only with your description of problems.

Checked all logs, no problems there.
Good and simple instruction on identifying problems is here, I followed all the steps, the problem still persists.

In addition, as I just found out is not accepted mail. Try sending a test message to [email protected] and you will see the server response.

Everything has been tried.
And the daemon restarted and restarted a full server.
Indicates that the service is running but the port 110 is not available :(

Try to start manually
# /usr/lib/courier-imap/pop3d.rc start

Try to reinstall the psa-courier-imap package:
# wget http://autoinstall.plesk.com/PSA_11.0.9/dist-rpm-SuSE-12.2-x86_64/opt/maildrivers/psa-courier-imap-3.0.8-suse12.2.build110121024.10.x86_64.rpm
# rpm -e psa-courier-imap --nodeps --justdb
# rpm -Uvh psa-courier-imap-3.0.8-suse12.2.build110121024.10.x86_64.rpm
# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --reinstall-patch --select-release-current --install-component base
# /usr/local/psa/bootstrapper/pp11.0.9-bootstrapper/bootstrapper.sh repair
# /etc/init.d/courier-imap status
# telnet localhost 110

Hello,
i already wrote on the Facebook-Page as "Dennis Scholz".

There are several Problems on openSuSE 12.2:
1. Hourly Cleanup Cronjob is not added automatically - i had to add it myself. But instead of the other guy in this thread, that cronjob is working on my Server.
2. POP3D is not starting automatically. You Need to
# /usr/lib/courier-imap/pop3d.rc start
in order to start it. It's also pretty funny that you can remove the Content of the file /etc/init.d/courier-imap and still be able to execute /etc/init.d/courier-imap start / stop in order to start / stop courier. It works even though nothing is in that file! I worked around that pop3d issue through adding a new init file, that starts the daemon for pop3 manually.

The Solution RuslanT gave didn't solve the Problem, but it made another: After doing These steps plesk gives me error 500 when i try to go to the page "Custom View Settings" under "Tools & Settings".

The error i've got in the log is this one:
Exception: PHP Catchable Fatal Error: Argument 1 passed to CommonPanel_Controller_Helper_Subscription::getPermissions() must implement interface Plan_Interface, null given, called in /usr/local/psa/admin/panel/application/library/AdminPanel/Form/Final/ServicePlan/AdminPlanHostingPermissions.php on line 45 and defined; File: /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/CommonPanel/Controller/Helper/Subscription.php, Line: 167

file: /usr/local/psa/admin/smb/application/library/Smb/Exception/Syntax.php
line: 55
code: 0
trace: #0 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/CommonPanel/Controller/Helper/Subscription.php(167): Smb_Exception_Syntax::handleError(4096, 'Argument 1 pass...', '/usr/local/psa/...', 167, Array)
#1 /usr/local/psa/admin/panel/application/library/AdminPanel/Form/Final/ServicePlan/AdminPlanHostingPermissions.php(45): CommonPanel_Controller_Helper_Subscription::getPermissions(NULL)
#2 /usr/local/psa/admin/panel/application/library/AdminPanel/Form/Abstract/ServicePlan/Permissions.php(57): AdminPanel_Form_Final_ServicePlan_AdminPlanHostingPermissions->_getPermissions()
#3 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Zend/Form.php(240): AdminPanel_Form_Abstract_ServicePlan_Permissions->init()
#4 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/CommonPanel/Form.php(60): Zend_Form->__construct(Array)
#5 /usr/local/psa/admin/panel/application/library/AdminPanel/Form/Final/ServicePlan/AdminPlan.php(184): CommonPanel_Form->__construct(Array)
#6 /usr/local/psa/admin/panel/application/library/AdminPanel/Form/Final/ServicePlan/AdminPlan.php(95): AdminPanel_Form_Final_ServicePlan_AdminPlan->_addHostingPermissionsTab(Object(CommonPanel_Form_TabbedSubForm))
#7 /usr/local/psa/admin/panel/application/library/AdminPanel/Form/Abstract/ServicePlan.php(56): AdminPanel_Form_Final_ServicePlan_AdminPlan->_addTabs(Object(AdminPanel_Form_Final_ServicePlan_AdminPlan))
#8 /usr/local/psa/admin/panel/application/library/AdminPanel/Form/Final/ServicePlan/AdminPlan.php(49): AdminPanel_Form_Abstract_ServicePlan->init()
#9 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Zend/Form.php(240): AdminPanel_Form_Final_ServicePlan_AdminPlan->init()
#10 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/CommonPanel/Form.php(60): Zend_Form->__construct(Array)
#11 /usr/local/psa/admin/panel/application/controllers/ServerController.php(124): CommonPanel_Form->__construct()
#12 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Zend/Controller/Action.php(513): ServerController->adminPlanAction()
#13 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(295): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('adminPlanAction')
#14 /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
#15 /usr/local/psa/admin/panel/application/library/AdminPanel/Application/Web.php(20): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
#16 /usr/local/psa/admin/panel/application/public/index.php(15): AdminPanel_Application_Web->run()
#17 {main}

PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function getPermissions() on a non-object in /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/CommonPanel/Controller/Helper/Subscription.php on line 170

The third and last Problem is, that catchall-adresses are not working. I get the following mail log entry if i try to send an email to an unexisting emailadress "postmaster (at) thegreyworld.de" that should be redirected to "catchall (at) thegreyworld.de":
Dec 15 22:15:38 Server-02 postfix/qmgr[8273]: C4897880417: from=<[email protected]>, size=2091, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Dec 15 22:15:38 Server-02 postfix/cleanup[8058]: 2B6FF880761: message-id=<CAJJkQqCQUuYSbEEm5EqauCFxYdJ4i45dm2net6tNKBLNg9xbTA@mail.gmail.com>
Dec 15 22:15:38 Server-02 postfix/local[8061]: C4897880417: to=<[email protected]>, orig_to=<[email protected]>, relay=local, delay=0.53, delays=0.53/0/0/0, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (forwarded as 2B6FF880761)
Dec 15 22:15:38 Server-02 postfix/qmgr[8273]: 2B6FF880761: from=<[email protected]>, size=2467, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Dec 15 22:15:38 Server-02 postfix/qmgr[8273]: C4897880417: removed

"catchall (at) thegreyworld.de" is set as catchall adress for the Domain. But it sends the E-Mail to my sendermail [email protected]. So instead of putting the mail that was directed to an inexistent mailadress in the catchall mail it sends it back to my senderadress [email protected]. Something is completley wrong with the mailservice.

If you Need any Special Information or better Explanation, please ask, i will try to do my best to help you.

Dennis

Dennisen, sorry for the delay with reply. I see no reasons how the courier-imap package reinstallation could brake Custom View Settings functionality. I suppose it was already broken or bootsrapper.sh repair broke it - it the last case it usually indicates broken installation. Haven't you checked /tmp/autoinstaller3.log for errors during installation? Do you have an opportunity to reproduce your issues on the new installation?

Hi,

i can reproduce the install errors from Dennisen. clean install suse 12.2 - ip settings changed and start an autoinstall
1. no Hourly Cleanup Cronjob
2. POP3D is not starting automatically ->
reinstall doesn´t help

first login on the webif:
ERROR: PleskException Up Level

Unable to configure control panel: reconfig failed: reconfig: Unable to open file /etc/HOSTNAME: No such file or directory

System error 2: No such file or directory
reconfig: Unable to remove hostname record from '/etc/HOSTNAME'
reconfig: Unable to open file /etc/HOSTNAME: No such file or directory

reconfig: Unable to add hostname record to '/etc/HOSTNAME'
reconfig: Unable to change system hostname.

0: configure.php3:219

Back