• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

OpenSuSE 13.1 Support?

D3nnis3n

Regular Pleskian
Hello together,
OpenSuSE 13.1 has been released last month and i wanted to ask if support for it is already in the making,
and when it will probably be released? We're already testing it on VMs and are very happy with it.

Hello,

why OpenSuse ???

OpenSuse is not really a good Product for Server, he has a STS a Short Term Support. Better, Centos or Debian !

We're using openSuSE for nearly 10 years now and are confident there is no better distribution for our server usage.
We tried them all and went back to SuSE. Discussion about that leads to nothing, anyways.

@Igor:
Plesk 12 won't be out before mid 2014, i think?
Will it be in one of the next previews? I'd be glad to test them again, as i did with 11.5 and SuSE 12.3.

Yeh, i saw that thread.
Unfortunatley it seems like it is no more a really public preview.
We host many servers with plesk, but we do not offer hosting.
We're using it for our own. I sent an registration, anyways,
maybe they take me non-the-less.

Would be glad to help find bugs.

Hi Dennisen,

It is public, just requires sign-up. It is not that we are limiting access to the page, just the whole PartnerNet area requires sign-up to access.
Let me know if you will have any trouble with sign-up or accessing the page.
Looking forward for bug reports from you :)

Well, my signup has been rejected. Seems correct, i'm neither hoster nor developer.
But i can test it through the installer as well, as i have licenses.

Unfortunatley the upgrade from 11.5 didn't went smooth and the panel is inacessable, as it seems,
it missed to create some tables:
ERROR: Zend_Db_Statement_Exception: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'psa.WhpSessions' doesn't exist (Pdo.php:234)

But as of suse 13.1 support has not been integrated yet, there is no further need to test it for the moment.
I hope the 12.x will support it soon, so i can setup a new testing installation from scratch. I'll check back daily :D

Well, my signup has been rejected. Seems correct, i'm neither hoster nor developer.
Denissen, can you share me any data of your registration? I want to explore this issue and I would need to our web team to find your account details
If you drop me private message, it would be great!

And thanks for the problem report, I am passing it to our testing team

Once OpenSuSE 13.1 is available in Plesk 12.0, we will drop a message here :)

But i can test it through the installer as well, as i have licenses.

Unfortunatley the upgrade from 11.5 didn't went smooth and the panel is inacessable, as it seems,
it missed to create some tables:

But as of suse 13.1 support has not been integrated yet, there is no further need to test it for the moment.
I hope the 12.x will support it soon, so i can setup a new testing installation from scratch. I'll check back daily :D

Hello,

I has the same problem after upgrade PLESK 11.5 to PLESK 12.0.

The error is:
ERROR: Zend_Db_Statement_Exception: SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'psa.WhpSessions' doesn't exist (Pdo.php:234)

Here some details about my VPS:

# cat /etc/issue
CentOS release 6.4 (Final)
Kernel \r on an \m

# cat /usr/local/psa/version
12.0.7 CentOS 6 120131212.18

Maybe somebody have solution how repair this problem?

Hello,

The error is:

# cat /etc/issue
Kernel \r on an \m

Looks like Plesk database 'psa' was not upgraded correctly. Have you tried fix it with bootstrapper repair procedure?

Hello,

The error is:

# cat /etc/issue
Kernel \r on an \m

It is preferable to use clean installation of preview build. You may try migration manager, if you want to transfer your content from 11.5.30.
We confirm the problem exists on upgrade from 11.5.30 to current preview build (12.0.7). It is already fixed and will be available with next preview.
Please, avoid upgrading 11.5.30 -> 12.0.7 -> next preview because it may lead to additional problems.

Thanks for reporting!

Last edited:
It is preferable to use clean installation of preview build. You may try migration manager, if you want to transfer your content from 11.5.30.
We confirm the problem exists on upgrade from 11.5.30 to current preview build (12.0.7). It is already fixed and will be available with next preview.
Please, avoid upgrading 11.5.30 -> 12.0.7 -> next preview because it may lead to additional problems.

Thanks for reporting!

Thank you for information Igor :)

Are you kidding us?
http://talk.plesk.com/threads/plesk-12-1-15-opensuse-update.331978/#post-775625

In this post Sergey seems to say, that openSuSE Support will be dropped, and we are here waiting for SuSE 13.2 Support and asking for it since months with the answer it will be in there, but no ETA.

Why OpenSuSE will be dropped? If this really is the case, i will need to cancel my Plesk Subscriptions and search a new hosting interface.

SuSE is still the third most used Linux OS after Debian and Ubuntu, i can't see the reason for dropping it. It is stable, fast and the most up to date distribution, without the need of unoffical repositories.

This is a shame and the way of communication is ridiculously...

Last edited:
BTW, at the moment we have only ~1.5% Plesk installations based on OpenSUSE...
After SLES closing we notice a stable decline of interest in OpenSUSE. But the cost of support and development remain the same. Unfortunately, we have reached the point where further use of our resources became impractical.

Last edited:
Lets have it clear - this original topic was about OpenSuSE 13.1 and OpenSuSE 13.1 has already been delivered in Plesk 12.0.

However over last several years we observed huge decline in SuSE servers. We questioned major infrastructure providers and they all agree.
Thus now we are preparing official communication that next version of Plesk won't support SuSE.
As a replacement we recommend to pick Ubuntu, Debian or CentOS.

You can count forum communication ridiculous, but we consider it an open way to communicate in the forum.
The only alternative for us is to limit giving information to formal announcements only.

Regards

Yes, i was in great anger and used the wrong topic, wanted to post in the Plesk Preview topic.

I don't count forum communication ridiculous alone - i mean the way, it's announced "by the way" after people had been waiting, asking again and again and again and were in the belief it will definatley be in there.

So which OS to choose, if i want to have the newest packages on official base? Debian is old, can't use that. For Ubuntu you only support LTS, also old, don't know if it has offical update repositories. CentOS doesn't have the latest offical versions, also. I'm not a big company that is fine with old software and uber stability. SuSE worked fine with newest packages and was never instable.

I can't see that any of these OS have a repository system allowing me to get the newest versions of things like PHP, Apache, etc. All of them got old or very old versions in ther stable releases, if not after release then 6 months later, i don't want to use unstable releases or unoffical repositories. SuSE got loads of offical repositories you can use for. Maybe i don't know about those repositories for the other OSs, so you might want to help me out here to find those repositories for the three operating systems named?

It's a pity only 1.5% of Plesk Installations are still using OpenSuSE, but what to do now?

At the moment i'm really disappointed. I'm paying for my licenses as everyone else and get kicked out.

Back