• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

OpenSuSE 13.1 Support?

i mean the way, it's announced "by the way" after people had been waiting, asking again and again and again and were in the belief it will definatley be in there.

Since we choose to communicate open at the forum, you can see here staff which hasn't been announced properly and formally yet.
For the same reason you can see here statements which will later be revised because plans are being changed.

If you would prefer formal and precise communication, I can only suggest to stick to formal announcements and consider everything seen in the forum as merely rumors from inside.
Our alternatives are to limit given information to repeating what has been already announced formally (1) or to supply each message with a huge legal disclaimer (2).

So which OS to choose, if i want to have the newest packages on official base?

For CentOS there would be a range of alternative repositories such as Atomic or IUS for example.
Atomic is particularly common and known for good quality, they are also available at the forum sometimes.
Also per my personal experience Ubuntu LTS is quite up2date, so my own servers are normally at Ubuntu.

At the moment i'm really disappointed. I'm paying for my licenses as everyone else and get kicked out.
I can understand your disappointment. But supporting every OS is an additional effort and we need audience of certain size for each OS to remain sustainable.

It's not that i would prefer formal or legal disclaimered information.
It's the fact we had an opensuse topic open for 5 months and nobody felt thee need to give us that information there and maybe a little bit earlier. We were in the thoughts, it will definatley be in there. You could have said informally three months ago that it is not sure to be inside, you did the other way.

I hope you can understand, what i mean. Now i'm in a hurry to find a new favorised operating system that is up to date, stable and good to use in no time ...

It's the fact we had an opensuse topic open for 5 months and nobody felt thee need to give us that information there and maybe a little bit earlier. We were in the thoughts, it will definatley be in there. You could have said informally three months ago that it is not sure to be inside, you did the other way.

I hope you can understand, what i mean.

Well, obviously if we made this decision 3 or 5 months ago, then it would have been mentioned on the forum 3 or 5 months earlier.
Though I am not sure it would have changed your reaction. May we would have just had this conversation earlier.

In that case i would have reacted without anger and only disappointment. I was checking three times daily here in hope of a suse release to upgrade, i could have used my time for searching and working with a new OS ... Anyways, it seems like there is no supported OS left, that i like and therefore my Plesk time has ended. I ask you for deletion of my account here. Thank you and goodbye.

Back