• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved OpenVPN Firewall configuration

Kulturmensch

Regular Pleskian
OpenVpn is only working on my v-server (Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS / Plesk Osidian) when I configure iptables with the command:

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 10.8.0.0/24 -o venet0 -j MASQERADE

After server reboot this rule has disappeared and I have to use the command again via ssh.

Is there any suggestion how to set this rule permanent surviving a reboot?

(I tried already succesless to perform a crontab @Reboot with this command. result: error iptables: command not found)

Since crontab etc. did not work, I have now reactivated the good old rc.local. rc.local is not available on Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS by default. You have to set up a corresponding service that starts when you reboot. In my case iptables and a desired configuration as mentioned above can now be started at system start. If necessary, I will be happy to explain the necessary steps.

hello @Kulturmensch ,

good to know that you was able to solve your problem )

on ubuntu and debian OS'es there is a /etc/network/if-up.d/ folder
where you can put your scripts, that should be executed during networking start.

as I remember rc.local will be processed at the end of boot process. so, in your case it should work.
but this way may be not secure for restriction firewall rules: there will be few time when your server already booted but such rules have not been applied yet.

Back