• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Operation not permitted

S

silebis

Logged as root, but Operation not permitted

Id like upgrade on 8.1 but i get error Operation not permitted. Do you know where can be the problem?

PS i was connect as root.

Debian 3.1

Trying to stop Qmail services... done
Unpacking replacement psa-qmail ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/psa-qmail_1.03-debian3.1.build81061129.22_i386.deb (--unpack):
unable to make backup link of `./var/qmail/bin/sendmail' before installing new version: Operation not permitted
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe) Preparing to replace mailman 2.1.5-8sarge2 (using .../mailman_2.1.5-8sarge5_i386.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement mailman ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/mailman_2.1.5-8sarge5_i386.deb (--unpack):
unable to make backup link of `./usr/lib/mailman/bin/mmsitepass' before installing new version: Operation not permitted
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe) Preparing to replace psa-courier-imap 3.0.8-debian3.1.build80060613.20 (using .../psa-courier-imap_3.0.8-debian3.1.build81061129.22_i386.deb) ...
Stopping Courier-IMAP server:
Stopping imap done
Stopping imap-ssl done
Stopping pop3 done
Stopping pop3-ssl done

Unpacking replacement psa-courier-imap ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/psa-courier-imap_3.0.8-debian3.1.build81061129.22_i386.deb (--unpack):
unable to make backup link of `./usr/share/courier-imap/userdb' before installing new version: Operation not permitted
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe) Preparing to replace psa-proftpd 1.3.0-debian3.1.build80060613.20 (using .../psa-proftpd_1.3.0-debian3.1.build81061129.22_i386.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement psa-proftpd ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/psa-proftpd_1.3.0-debian3.1.build81061129.22_i386.deb (--unpack):
unable to create `./usr/sbin/proftpd': Permission denied
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe) Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/psa-qmail_1.03-debian3.1.build81061129.22_i386.deb
/var/cache/apt/archives/mailman_2.1.5-8sarge5_i386.deb
/var/cache/apt/archives/psa-courier-imap_3.0.8-debian3.1.build81061129.22_i386.deb
/var/cache/apt/archives/psa-proftpd_1.3.0-debian3.1.build81061129.22_i386.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1) catch error with message: Install command execution failed
ERROR: Install command execution failed
Check SElinux status after error:
Exit with ERROR status

---
Plesk autoinstaller.

I try remove mailman but still Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `/usr/lib/mailman/bin/list_members': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `/usr/lib/mailman/bin/mmsitepass': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `/usr/lib/mailman/bin/newlist': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `/usr/lib/mailman/bin/rmlist': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `/usr/lib/mailman/bin/add_members': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `/usr/lib/mailman/bin/remove_members': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `/usr/lib/mailman/bin/clone_member': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `/usr/lib/mailman/bin/arch': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `/usr/lib/mailman/bin/sync_members': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `/usr/lib/mailman/bin/check_db': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `/usr/lib/mailman/bin/withlist': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `/usr/lib/mailman/bin/check_perms': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `/usr/lib/mailman/bin/find_member': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `/usr/lib/mailman/bin/config_list': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `/usr/lib/mailman/bin/list_lists': Operation not permitted
chmod: changing permissions of `/usr/lib/mailman/bin/list_admins': Operation not permitted

Back