• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Opinions on Plesk 7.5.3, Please

C

CCAP

OKay, I need some opinions from you guys!

First, should I use the Plesk Updater to upgrade from 7.1.6 to 7.5.3 or should I go the rpm route?

Next, is 7.5.3 worth the trouble of upgrading?

Last, how many of you would suggest 4PSA Total Backup?

Thanks!
Matt Tyree

I can't comment directly on upgrading 7.1.x to 7.5.3 since I skipped that entire version due to bugs.

I do like 7.5.3, according to the 7.1x posts about bugs, I would say that 7.5.3 is less buggy.

4PSA's Total Backup - I use it, I like it.

So, you skipped 7.1x due to bugs? I haven't seen a ton of them personally with 7.1x, but if there are even less on 7.5 then I'll definitely upgrade.

What method of upgrading do you suggest? rpm, auto install or Plesk Updater?

Thanks!!!
Matt

We found that the plesk updater doesn't always work so if you do try to use that, you may want to be prepared to upgrade via another method also. But overall, I'd say 7.5 is probably worth the upgrade from 7.1 once all of the upgrade hassles are done and overwith.

I definitely advise you to take precautions before doing any upgrade.

Make sure you have a known good full backup of your server, also having a clone image of the current if possible.

Any upgrade process whether under Linux or Windows can go bad. Always give yourself the extra edge and be able to go 'backwards' one way or the other... Plesk itself does not have an 'easy' undo function if things go bad.

Yeah, I'm in the process of getting a good back up system in place. Once I get a back up of the whole system I'll feel better about doing the upgrade.

Luckily this is a learning server for me. So, there's only my websites on it. No clients as of yet. So, if I screw up it's me who will suffer! :D

Thanks for your help!

Back