• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

/opt/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager Backup CLI not working

DominikG

New Pleskian
Plesk Backup Scripts from cli do not work with 12.5.30 Update 24

/opt/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager server

Name "SpecificConfig::VESRION" used only once: possible typo at /opt/psa/PMM/agents/PleskX/SpecificConfig.pm line 53.

Here is a missspelling in the Script.

VESRION instead of VERSION.

I have coreect this word in the Script an now i'm testing the Backup again.

Dominik

/usr/bin/perl -w /opt/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager server -c
Scalar value @version[0] better written as $version[0] at /opt/psa/PMM/agents/shared/Db/MysqlShellBackend.pm line 37.
Scalar value @version[1] better written as $version[1] at /opt/psa/PMM/agents/shared/Db/MysqlShellBackend.pm line 38.
Scalar value @version[2] better written as $version[2] at /opt/psa/PMM/agents/shared/Db/MysqlShellBackend.pm line 39.
Scalar value @tokens[0] better written as $tokens[0] at /opt/psa/PMM/agents/PleskX/CapabilityInfoDumper.pm line 508.
Scalar value @tokens[1] better written as $tokens[1] at /opt/psa/PMM/agents/PleskX/CapabilityInfoDumper.pm line 508.
Subroutine _decryptDump redefined at /opt/psa/PMM/agents/PleskX/Packer.pm line 456.
Subroutine makeSiteAppInstalled redefined at /opt/psa/PMM/agents/PleskX/Packer.pm line 5933.
"my" variable $sql masks earlier declaration in same scope at /opt/psa/PMM/agents/PleskX/PleskX.pm line 3796.
"my" variable $cmd masks earlier declaration in same scope at /opt/psa/PMM/agents/PleskX/PleskX.pm line 6704.
"my" variable $ret masks earlier declaration in same scope at /opt/psa/PMM/agents/PleskX/PleskX.pm line 6706.
Reference found where even-sized list expected at /opt/psa/PMM/agents/PleskX/PleskX.pm line 4524.
Subroutine main::tmpnam redefined at /opt/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 61
Subroutine main::tmpfile redefined at /opt/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager line 61
Subroutine PmmCli::tmpnam redefined at /opt/psa/PMM/agents/PleskX/PmmCli.pm line 11
Subroutine PmmCli::tmpfile redefined at /opt/psa/PMM/agents/PleskX/PmmCli.pm line 11

There it hungs again i think

Simply run /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager server -c
But it would be better if you will use /usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup utility instead of plesk_agent_manager, as plesk_agent_manager is non-public utility

Yes i know that this is not the official backup tool.
But there are more features for the backup.

--backup-profile-name=<backup-profile-name>
--dump-rotation=<count>

/opt/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager server --dump-rotation=$localdumps --backup-profile-name=$jobname --skip-logs

The next thing is i use this method to export the backup to file without generating a new backup.

/opt/psa/admin/bin/plesk_agent_manager export-dump-as-file --dump-file-name=$xmlfile -v --output-file=${temp}${tempfile}

This file will be copied to a ftp over ssh or any other way.

Why are there 2 way two make a backup instead of one that could handle all?

Last edited:
By using private utility you have a risk of behavior changing in future releases.
What do you mean about 2 ways to make a backup? pleskbackup and plesk_agent_manager?
Actually pleskbackup is a wrapper, which prepared input for the plesk_agent_manager. It is a historical division, when plesk_agent_manager used in several scenarios

Is it possible with the command "pleskbackup" to export the backup from the local repository in a compressed file to copy it on a remote backup location without generating a new Backup?

This can be done by the plesk_agent_manager but i don't find this option under pleskbackup.

The next thing is the backup rotation count this is no option in pleskbackup but at plesk_agent_mananger you can set this option.

Such things would be a nice improvement for future versions of pleskbackup.

Last edited:
Yep, pleskbackup does not support backup copying between repositories.
But why you intrested in dump rotation? It is an option for scheduled backup. Are you having own cron task for backup creation, instead of build-in backup scheduling feature?

Returning back to the original problem with perl warnings. I've tried to run your command ang got the same result. But these warnings are not critical and backup works well. It hangs because of waiting of input on STDIN. If you run it manually from console just press Ctrl+D to identify end of input and backup will go further

Hi

thanks for the information.
I use this commands in a script and there it worked before the update.
I don'T want to do this backup manually, is this a bug and get fixed or is there some thing special needed as input on stdin.

My problem is that i don't want to do the backup twice (FTP and Local).
Thats why i use the plesk_agent_manager to backup local export the backup to file and safe the file on another server.
Should i open a new thread for this?

Back