• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

/opt/psa/PMM/tmp disk full

Julien

New Pleskian
Plesk temporary folder to store full backup before uploading to my FTP is on my boot partition, which has only 7 GB of free space. Every day it fills up the partition and Plesk crashes.

You can specify another location for temp backup files in /etc/psa/psa.conf file. Check DUMP_D and DUMP_TMP_D variables there.

# Backups directory
DUMP_D /var/lib/psa/dumps
DUMP_TMP_D /tmp

I don't know to which path /tmp is related, is there any symlink here?

Hi Julien,

pls. note, that we don't know your current system configurations and can't guess your partition management. It is actually not really relevant, how you mounted "/tmp" on your system, it is just clear, that you have insufficient space for the backup - procedure at "/tmp", why @IgorG suggested, to define another location for "DUMP_D" and "DUMP_TMP_D", so that Plesk doesn't crash any more during the procedure. I guess, that it is only "/tmp", which is mounted on your boot partition, so I recommend for example:

DUMP_TMP_D /var/lib/psa/tmp

AFTER you created the folder with the command:

mkdir -p /var/lib/psa/tmp

Note, that the two locations "DUMP_D" and "DUMP_TMP_D" may be located anywhere on your system, at all available partitions.

Hello, I did as you suggested, now, there is no more backup done. No error displayed on plesk panel. If I launch the backup manually, the task is completing, then there is no new backup file, and no error message. Here is the content of the email sent :

Task was created by server server with guid (a1144bcc-a1e8-4d01-b412-e8a365bc53cf)
Creation date is: 2016-May-14 16:11:27

Task status is: success
Dump full name is:

As you can see,. there is no dump name.

Last edited:
OK, then I've done many tests, and the problem is fixed for local backup, but not with personal FTP backup.

It seems that there is a problem with the new directory set for DUMP_TMP_D /var/lib/psa/tmp

If it's set by default : /tmp, then the Personal FTP backup is uploaded.
If it's set on /var/lib/psa/tmp, then I've got this error message :

Can not create temporary file with the template '/var/lib/psa/tmp/repo_transport_tmp_uZI1so': No such file or directory.

/var/lib/psa/tmp owner is psaadm/psaadm and drwxr-xr-x

Hi Julien,

did you at least try to chmod the new "/var/lib/psa/tmp" to 777 so that read and write permissions are globally set?

Hi UFHH01, already done, as mentioned :

/var/lib/psa/tmp owner is psaadm/psaadm and drwxr-xr-x

Hi Julien,

pls. correct the user/group - permissions to "root/root", and pls. use "chmod 1777".

Back