• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Optimal PHP settings for shared hosting

layerwire

Basic Pleskian
Greetings everyone,

trying to find the right answer to this question since we started using Plesk Onyx for shared hosting.
We have 4 plans and I am curious what kind of numbers we should use for next settings:

- max_execution_time
- max_input_time
- post_max_size
- upload_max_filesize
- Any additional configuration directives?

I created this topic because I would like to hear from other hosters what kind of numbers they put and why. Second reason is probably annoying tickets with OpenCart/PrestaShop for increasing max file size.
Would appreciate very much to hear your opinions. Thanks.

Hi NKV,

you should consider to open such a thread at => Home > Forum > General Discussion > Open Topics , because this isn't really related to Plesk or it's products and components. It depends on your server and it's components first, afterwards to the amount of hosted domains and last but not least to the corresponding web-content of these domains. ;)

This is totally depend on your requirements.

For an example I have Magento Hosting Plans which have max_execution_time set to 600 seconds since some Magento script needs to run longer.

Most of the CMSs have their commonly used configuration if you do a Google Search. Use most commonly used configuration and customize them if you receive a request is the best way i guess.

Back