• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Optimized webalizer brings my server to the knees

J

james1940

Hi all,

I've got plesk 7.5 installed and last weekend i have enabled webalizer with plesk.

Now my servers goes into very high load at 04:00 when i'm asleep but the usa is awake, so my foreign visitors get a really slow server with a lot of database connection errors.

I already commented dnscache and setted dnschildren to 0, but webalizer keeps bringing my server to his knees.

I also tryed running webalizer 2 times a day, to spread to load over 2 points at the day instead of one.

But all of this didn't have the required effect.

I'm only interesting in the unique visitors that webalizer displays. When you know that is there a way to make it faster and more server friendly?

If this is not possible with webalizer is there another free program on the market that does the same thing as webalizer but without bringing the server down? I don't need very detailed stats, the only thing i really need is the unique visitor number.

Thank you.

Do you have any very large logfiles? It's a common reason for webalizer having problems.

Back